The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all...

Has anyone heard any news, rumors or elsewise regarding request for the next "batch" of orders from dealers? Is "30" the highest number that's gone in from any/all dealerships?

Thank you,
Dave

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Thought about this a bit over the weekend. My dealer expects to get ~85 cars per year (full production). They're only getting 15 the first 3 months. So if they've already submitted the first 30 orders, its covered till Oct. So wouldn't expect them to ask for more till early July or Aug.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
jax florida dealer said they will do the "next round of 30 orders" in july. this i was told last week

·
Registered
368 Posts
Another question in a similar vein:

Once the order has been given to your dealer, how much time passes until it is set in stone at the Lotus factory? In other words if you wanted to change something, how much time do you have to do so?

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Almost went over to the dark side (CO). Contacted the dealer who checked with Lotus USA. All told it was about a month window to make a change. Now admittedly, had to push a little at first. But if your serious about making the change...

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
originally posted by Later Apex
Once the order has been given to your dealer, how much time passes until it is set in stone at the Lotus factory? In other words if you wanted to change something, how much time do you have to do so?
my dealer has told me 30 days

·
Registered
711 Posts
X000000101 said:
Hello, all...

Has anyone heard any news, rumors or elsewise regarding request for the next "batch" of orders from dealers? Is "30" the highest number that's gone in from any/all dealerships?

Thank you,
Dave
I was number 39 at the Jacksonville dealership, and I got a call a couple weeks ago to place my order. Unfortunately, I wasn't ready to order. I still want to see and drive the US version, and wait until I buy my house, which I'm currently on contract for, but I haven't actually purchased it.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for your inputs...sounds like nothing severly coordinated is going on on the order front either...

:::crossing fingers for order in in July:::

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Received indication from dealer yesterday that Lotus would request the "next thirty orders" in July...#'s 31-60. Hooray!

Will they hold 1-30 at the port until 31-60 are built? ;)

Dave

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
Originally posted by X000000101
Received indication from dealer yesterday that Lotus would request the "next thirty orders" in July...#'s 31-60. Hooray!
July? Then they better get the freakin demos here, I want to see CO in person and drive the car before I order it.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
#40 at 3 cars a month is a 13 month wait. at 8 a month it is a 5 month wait. my abacas does not calculate that as good news. perhaps the dealer has a new millennium abacas. my guess is #40 will be about a 9 month wait due to production ramp up. maybe longer with allocation vagueries. not sure i would want to place an order 5 months before production. not unless i KNEW the car would be here in 5 months anyway. i don't want a nonrefundable deposit sitting for as long as 13 freaking months either. a new dilemma is lurking out there.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
LarryB said:
Almost went over to the dark side (CO).
Actually, wouldn't that be the Bright Side ? :D :D :wave:

Tim Mullen

·
Registered
178 Posts
Depends on if they get black alcantera on the inside or not.... Oh, wait, we don't get alcantera.

CO with BA riding LSS would put a :) on my face.

(Though I think my gf would rather me get blue)

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
shay2nak said:
July? Then they better get the freakin demos here, I want to see CO in person and drive the car before I order it.
Newport European might have their CO car back. Don't know if you can drive it though. I'd give 'em a call to find out.

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
Modern Wedgie said:
Newport European might have their CO car back. Don't know if you can drive it though. I'd give 'em a call to find out.
oh really? yeah, i'll definitely call them. Hopefully they'll have it through this weekend. I also doubt that I can drive it, the last time they had it Christine said I couldn't. :(

Thanks MW!

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
They are not allowed to let anyone other than media drive the media demo cars.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts