The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
I'm obviously very excited about this. If the interest is there, we’ll work with existing vendors to bring this to the market as an upgrade and/or entirely new kit to the market.
Getting back on topic, yes, I'd be very, very interested in an upgrade kit for the BWR package if it includes the reflash. Very impressive work, Phil.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
^^^Your example describes total drag, not cD. Think of cD as a measure of the efficiency of the shape. Your two cards have the same shape and thus the same cD (very high). The difference in total drag is due entirely to the difference in size.

Do the experiment again with a 5x5 card and a 5x5 cylinder. The cylinder will exhibit less total drag. In this case, the objects have the same frontal area, so the lower total drag is entirely due to the cylinder's more efficient shape. Which is to say, it has a lower cD.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
OK, check out the factoids...

This is run 5 of 5 (first 2 pulls blew the sniffer out :D) and were done within 21 minutes, first to last. This last pull was the best of the 5 so this blower resists heat soak like a freezer! Dyno room ambient was 71F, stock fuel pump, 3.2" MP62 pulley comparison.

I set the rev limiter down 300 RPM over stock for safety while testing...it would have gone passed the 280WHP mark easily at 8500, but no need to push. Using Phil's Bravo2 map, max boost was 11.24. Graph is super-linear too.
That is the most beautiful torque plot I've ever seen... (sniff)

Did you draw those graphs with a ruler?!
Great work, very exciting.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
From post #1020:

I think there's some confusion in the Hp and $$ figures here.

Simply put, ... {snip}

Hope that helps,

Phil
It sure does help. But it sounds like the reflash version will not be produced. Is that correct?

(The EFI 'tuner' package is a sweet deal, but not for my budget/expertise.)

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Phil, I bet I'm not the only one who's jonesing bad for an update.

If there's no news, maybe you could just make something up and throw in a couple shop pics... :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts