The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I had a tonka truck that ran on an electric motor, the elise has electric windows in it so therefore the stock fuel pump ought to be ok.
brilliant

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Phil, ever think about putting a LS1 throttle body on your setup ?

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
OT-I used to run two of those pumps on my GN. I had them staged... The second one turned on at 20 psi boost- worked pretty darn well and maintained nice DD qualities... Oh the good 'ol days:D

Anyway... The weather turned from 60 degrees on Monday to 19 degrees with snow today:wallbang:

Good call on the fuel pumps gentlemen! Looks like they're plenty cheap enoug!:up:

If the roads clear up, I'll hit the dyno this weekend (climate controlled dyno room) and try the LMP (Little Mean Pulley:evil:). The LMP should make 12ish psi. Spec sheets indicate that charge temps should remain within check as the blower isn't supposed to generate any substantial additional heat at these levels.
I'll also take along LMP's little cousin, TEP (Tiny Evil Pulley):D. TEP will probably make about 14psi-eek-... Again, we're not supposed to pick up much heat from these increases in boost, but we'll see... TVS charge temps at 10spi fully heat soaked aer just shy of 180F when compared 240F on the Mp62 under similar amb air temps (~70F). Another difference with the 62 is that it becomes increasing less efficient after about 7 psi. For instance, each psi above ~10psi, charge temps start raising up about 12-14 degrees per psi ont he 62, where the TVS data shows that charge temps shouldn't rise much until the high teens, which is when it's efficieny starts to taper (opposed to about 7 on the 62). This is why the cobalt guys are so ramped up about the TVS in general is that it has twin screw like efficiency, but with the low end punch of a roots... Again, we'll see. I jsut have to find time for all this play:rolleyes:...

BTW- Recall that 10-11ish psi is about the mathematical max boost you can run on stock compression pistons with pump gas. The pulleys that Dave, Jim, and I are running are 10ish psi pulleys. Intake pressure will vary from car to car based on the intake and exhaust mods obviously. The dynos I've posted are also with 10ish psi on the TVS.

LMP and TEP are the next stage for me to see how far I can push the TVS without an IC on a low comp engine ans still keep the charge temps at reasonable levels. I think 300whp will be in the cards here without too much effort...Obviously, these little pulleys should only be tried on low compression engines... Next stage after that will probably be an IC- But I'm not in a real big hurry for that project and subsequent blown trannies and the like:crazyeyes...

Cheers,

Phil
You should be able to build in a laminova core right into the adapter plate and have the hose ends come out right were your BOE logo is.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I like your thinking!:up:

Best,

Phil
Phil instead of making the core flat you might want to try a V shape. You should be able to squeeze more cores into the greddy that way.

ps: I have a manifold if you need it.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I 2nd that, Driving it is like getting hit in the ass like a baseball bat lol
hmmm, nah a joke here would be to easy ;)
carry on....

·
Registered
1,044 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
2-Y- Remember it's a whole different pulley setup than the the M62, but to get to your question, 90mm... It's a unique offset for the setup as well...

I'm still a bit off from doing the S manifold setup. I hope it won't be long though, as I get a ton of PMs about it...

Later,

Phil
actually that post had nothing to do with the tvs. I deleted it.

1 - 8 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.