The Lotus Cars Community banner
2061 - 2080 of 2085 Posts

·
Vendor
6,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,061 ·
I am thinking of replacing my intake cam/rockers preventive, before letting install the REV300 kit. Any idea of the cost?
Sorry, not a great plan. If the stock cams are OK, then leave them well alone. New OE cams/rockers are not necessarily any better than the ones you have in there, and in some cases could need lashed.

If you're worried about their condition, inspect them by pulling the cover. If wiped, then replace. If, OK, leave alone. Period.

If you're worried about them wiping, you can run some oil break-in additive (essentially, zddp) with each oil change going forward to bring the Z/P content up to about 2Kppm and that should certainly help ease your mind.

Enjoy the install:up:

Phil

·
Registered
236 Posts
Phil,

Thanks, sure I am going to inspect this first before replacing :).
It's just, with all these horror stories online regarding the inlet cams, I got paranoid. And before I order/let install a SC kit, I wanna be sure my engine is in top shape :).

Regards from Belgium,
S.

Sorry, not a great plan. If the stock cams are OK, then leave them well alone. New OE cams/rockers are not necessarily any better than the ones you have in there, and in some cases could need lashed.

If you're worried about their condition, inspect them by pulling the cover. If wiped, then replace. If, OK, leave alone. Period.

If you're worried about them wiping, you can run some oil break-in additive (essentially, zddp) with each oil change going forward to bring the Z/P content up to about 2Kppm and that should certainly help ease your mind.

Enjoy the install:up:

Phil

·
Vendor
6,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,064 ·
Advan- Glad you like it!!!!! I agree 100%! Now, when you're ready for another 50-60 whp, you can always jump up to the 400 :D

BTW- For those out there with 06-07 cars, massive improvements to be found with just a tune!

The new FastWorks Editor has allowed us to fully take advantage of the ECU. We have been able to optimize knock tables, Spark, Cam, fuel, etc to produce MUCH better torque across the band and overal better cold and warm operating. If you haven't seen it yet, check out our website. This is the cheapest power you'll ever purchase for a Lotus:up:

BOE TorqueREV300 & REV400

·
Registered
49 Posts
I installed the Rev400 kit on my car last year and was amazed at the power difference from stock. I spent the summer and fall on various track and driving events and was always one of the faster cars out there. A few weeks ago Phil installed the new TorqueRev400 tune on my car and turned what I thought was a very car into an extremely fast car. The first drive out of the shop was amazing....it was huge step change from last year and put huge grins on my son and I. Can't wait to get it out on the track and see what it can really do this year. I watched Phil do the actual live tuning on the dyno and was amazed at what the software could do and how quickly these changes could be made. I'm new to the tuning experience but work with controls and equations all the time in real life.....what this system does is really pretty amazing compared to what the process was before.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
jeez... live close enough to BOE - do we??? :)

·
Registered
236 Posts
So for some clarification on the intake questions...

Since the launch of the system a couple years back, we now have a large number of them in circulation. We've certainly made revisions here and there. While the revisions have typically added cost to us, we have also been able to get better pricing on some items and have become more efficient in our production and tuning processes. Rather than "pocketing" the difference, we elected to include the ITG intake with the TVS based (300 and 400) kits. This changed starting with the 2012 black friday sale. They are also available for previous purchases on the website.

The ITG setup does provide for consistant power delivery since it brings in air from outside the engine bay. We have also properly calibrated the tunes to work with the flow characteristics of the system. There are several pictures of the setup throughout this thread.

Also added pics and info to the website

Here: BOE Fabrication - Lotus Elise, Exige, and Evora Performance ECM Tuning Products

and care and installation here: BOE Fabrication - Lotus Elise, Exige, and Evora Performance ECM Tuning Products

Hope that helps,

Phil
Phil, I see some ducting on the left side of the ITG, is this included in the kit?
Thanks!

·
Vendor
6,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,069 ·

·
Vendor
6,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,070 ·
Just a heads up that new tunes are coming out for for the 2005 (T4 ECUs) REV kits that are similar to the T4E upgrades described above.

We made these new tunes with the FastWorks software that we co-developed. The new editor unlocks the ECU to give it standalone like customization while retaining the good parts about the stock programming like start up, idle, OBD2 Emissions and diagnostic standards.

As the 2005/T4 REV-Torque tunes are available we will update our website accordingly. This is a great way upgrade your existing Kold-Fire tune or if you want to replace your piggy back or standalone ECU running your car.

Cheers,

Phil

·
Vendor
6,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,071 ·
Better tunes and Hardware Upgrades

Just keeping on keeping on with development of our signature blower kits, the Rev series.

No secret in the past months we've made significant advancements in the tuning technology--- not just for our REV kits but most Lotus aftermarket kits and OE tune upgrades.

So far we have GREAT tune upgrades for

2005:

Rev310m62
Rev300TVS
Rev400 (almost done)

2006-2007:

Rev300TVS
Rev400TVS
Rev250m62

In the hardware department, we have a fantastic front mount heat exchanger setup for the best intercooling possible. Requires removal of the AC, but it's a very nice upgrade for those looking for the most.

Not to forget those that want to keep their AC, we also have a NEW dual pass rear mounted heat exchanger as an upgrade to the kit supplied single pass unit. It goes in the same location as the kit part. It's a bit lighter, the plumbing is actually a bit more compact and easier to service due to both ports being in the rear of the core, comes with fans mounted, etc and MOST importantly, it's about 50% more efficient!

So if you have a cooled REV kit (310 or 400), contact us directly, and we'll get you hooked up with these upgraded parts and tunes (some are available directly on our website)....

Happy Lotusing,

Phil

·
Vendor
6,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,072 ·
The new Torque tune for Rev400 T4/2005s is up!

Torque Tune for 2005 REV400

and it runs gloriously! Just like the T4Es (2006/7) now :up:

Enjoy!

Phil

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm strongly considering buying a REV300 kit and tune for my '06 Elis
Do it!! :) But I strongly advise you to buy the REV400 instead :). You will want more powah after a while....

·
Registered
273 Posts
Looks like I am going with a REV300 soon enough. I just ordered the clam hinge so some time shortly after I finish that project I will order up an SC. This should be fun :)

·
Registered
907 Posts
When the heck is boe going to get the Exige black dash tune for us 08+ owners? Dieing over here!
Dying here too !

Feeling no love from Phil and BOE. We are the Black sheep/dash of the family.

·
Vendor
6,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,079 ·

·
Registered
293 Posts
New Rev300 install and dyno..

Just got the REV300 installed and took it to the dyno to check the a/f ratio and see what she is putting down..

A bit disappointed as I saw all kinds of dynos of 275whp but she did a best of just under 250whp. I'm assuming (and maybe Phil can help me out) that this is cause of the 91 octane and california friendly tune? It wasn't too hot but it was in the mid 80s so I don't think I lost that much..

A/f seemed good.. don't sweat the af graph here.. it ran in the 12 range almost thru the whole run.

Here's my dyno just in case anyone wants to compare which was on a dynojet.

LotusSCDyno by hipendicular, on Flickr

Here's my review on a rev300 kit.. (good read if your thinking about buying, if not skip)

The Kit and Sc are top notch! Zero (and I mean zero) super charger whine and the car is just in another league when it comes to power. I am almost wishing for a bit more SC noise! My installer had zero problems and the tune seems very very good. No hick ups or problems to report. Looks stock as I had the BOE removed for smog reasons.

Then comes the customer service. I had to call twice as I received nothing for a week after forking out almost $8000 to them.. (an email would've been nice saying "Thanks and we will send you an email when we ship it..")

Once I got a hold of someone there, things went much faster. I got the kit with in a few weeks.

I had to sit on the kit for a month to wait for my installer to free up. (Not BOE's fault... But..) When I was finally able to have the kit installed, I was like "Where is the tune?". Turns out you have to submit a form that they won't give you till you call them (I sent an email and that got me no where). Then once I got that form filled out, we had to wait almost two weeks to receive the tune. This could've been done in advance had I known...

Maybe I was expecting too much as I keep reading all these glowing reviews of BOE.. but my experience has been just like another other out of state shop.. if you're important to them than you're good.. if you're an unknown, then give them a call, hope they answer and forget the emails all together.

Ken 06 Exige

P.s. oh and be sure to add the free stickers from their website.. I didn't see that until after I ordered.. :facepalm

2061 - 2080 of 2085 Posts