The Lotus Cars Community banner
61 - 80 of 2085 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
The 2zz block for the most part is rather stout what bugs me is how stupid things tend to fail on the engine as more power and boost is made. What I have noticed is that yes the pistons do go to pot if ran hard for extended periods of time.

I like how we are finally transitioning away from the m-62 since IMO it's a very old design suited best for "daily" driving and low psi numbers. Thermal efficincy on these are horrible when compared to a twin screw.

The wish list would be making it compatable with a intercooler setup with some nice Bosch 550 injectors for the Exige S. Slap in a Walbaro 255 fuel pump and a good tune take out the cats and we're looking at 300hp daily driven on pump with good tune and safe AFR's. Very possible good luck Phil.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Phil, I didn't read all the posts in this thread so sorry if you've said this already. How much do you reckon parts are for this?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Hey Phil, i'm really diggin this. Can you elaborate a bit more on the sc-to-manifold adapter plate. Looks like a pretty abrupt restriction since the new sc opening is much larger.

·
Vendor
3,572 Posts
Hey Phil, i'm really diggin this. Can you elaborate a bit more on the sc-to-manifold adapter plate. Looks like a pretty abrupt restriction since the new sc opening is much larger.
It looks like it is restricting it all the way to 275HP.....rotfl

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I read on the eaton site that all new eaton superchargers will be of this design...

maybe thats why lotus has been so quiet about next years models... maybe they will jump straight to an Exige S300 :D

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts
What brings you to that conclusion?
people blowing up motors running high boost on high compression motor. I don't want to compromise reliability for extra HP. But if it's ok with the lower intake temps from the SC and even lower using an IC, then I would reconsider.

·
Premium Member
4,581 Posts
Subscribed!

Didn't read this whole thread, but it sounds like this can be a bolt/add-on to the BWR or Katana kit?
If so, I'm in....price?

·
Anthony
604 Posts
Subscribed!

Didn't read this whole thread, but it sounds like this can be a bolt/add-on to the BWR or Katana kit?
If so, I'm in....price?
The superchargers are around $2000.00-2500.00 last time I checked for a Mustang. That's twin-screw Eaton...supercharger only.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I also very much like the TVS supercharger option after reading about it. I have installed a few TEC3 and have ran them well and with this is mind I would only opt for a retune from Charlie. I am planning on putting the SC on here very soon and have been looking at the VP kit, I am just waiting for the stage II to be done before I do it. It sure would have been a slam dunk if they had used the TVS SC. It sure is a shame they did not. If this becomes a complete kit, like the VP kit, with a CharlieX tune you could count me in.

·
Vendor
6,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Thanks for all the kind feedback everyone. I think it's fair to say that there's enough interest to make a BUNCH more of these kits. Here's what I'll do. I'll visit with the "usual suspects" about tunes, distribution, packaging, etc. I'm quite certain that details for distribution would be ironed out in Jan '09, which is surprisingly fast approaching with the holiday season already here :crazyeyes

In the meantime, there are two other forum members that are installing the kit soon as upgrades (one BWR and the other S111 Katana). Given the compression ratios involved, I'm actually expecting a little more HP/TQ from their cars given the higher static compression ratio of the stock engine.

Pricing is obviously still in the works. What I know is that the upgrade kit will be substantially cheaper than your original kit cost you. To be any more specific than that, would purely be speculation at this point. This is really very close to a ready to mass produce level just as it sits on my car, so there's not much else to iron out from the hardware side:coolnana:

I'm still open for questions about performance, hardware, etc... but I won't have any specific answers about price and how it will be delivered to the community until closer to January...

Thanks again! Projects like this are certainly fun and exciting! :up:

Best,

Phil

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts
so do you guys have a car that has a stock setup to do tests on?

·
Vendor
6,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
so do you guys have a car that has a stock setup to do tests on?
Shay- Yes. Stock, as in unopened engine... Stock regarding no other mods? No, although that may come in time... On the otherhand, who is truly 100% stock and hopes to get big HP out of their car? Again, keep in mind that the lower comp on my engine will hurt power, not help at these very low boost levels. The lower static comp only helps with high boost levels... That said, I'm anxious to get it on some unopened engines as well. We'll have them installed before long:up:

Bruce- We have a jig for both BWR and Katana manifolds... You will be able to use the stock air box or cup air box... This is truly designed to be about a 50whp upgrade to the existing kits for a lot less money than buying a new kit:up:

Best,

Phil

G

·
Very cool...thanks for taking the time to design this and make it so it was an "upgrade" vs. a whole new kit.
Keep the price less than $2k (or there abouts) and you will sell one to anyone who has already purchased a SC!

61 - 80 of 2085 Posts