The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
WorldGoneWild said:
First time didn't take...try again.
No this is the old M250 that was a project aborted in 2001.
The current Elise thake much of it' style from M250: look at the front light, at the air intake on the side and if you find a rear photo you can see also the real light of S2.

·
Registered
788 Posts
What a pity the M250 never was made. It is still my fav styled sports car. I wonder how much the new Euro pedestrian standards and complying with US bumper and headlights will impact the Elise sequel.

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
GabbaGabbaHey,

My understanding iss that mid and rear drive cars will be only slightly impacted by the new euro regs. The new regs. pertain mostly to front engine cars which will need to have 10" of "soft impact area" in the front of the car prior to even a radiator or other hard member (no jokes please). Also the hood of some cars will need to be raised in order to comply, how this doesn't effect a Elise, I'm not sure but according to the autoweek article it won't.

Now as far as US standards, that's a different story. You will most likely see bumpers which will be visable through panel lines. Also the headlights will likely move higher as will most of the lines of the car. The sills will drop-reduce in width. The additional height of the car should make ingress/egress easier. Expect the car to get heavier and possibly a turbo/supercharger to compensate for the extra weight.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts