The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just can't seem to NOT have a car project... and with my current main project (NA 3-rotor engine in my '93 RX-7) nearing it's "end" - I find myself thinking and wondering about what I do next! So why not ask the community here to get ideas and opinions? (and hopefully just spark some conversation...)

My current line up of cars:
  • '06 Exige with Katana2 kit
  • '93 Mazda RX-7 with NA 20B (3 rotor) swap and mid-90s JDM body kit
  • '92 Mazda "Miata" turned kart with ITB 1.6
So, current ideas I'm having for project:
  • Increase power of the Exige - BOE SC kit? V6 swap?
  • Rotary swap the miata kart?
  • just full on kit/component car - SL-C, GTM, RCR40, etc - possibly rotary powered
  • Elise based "kart" (replace the miata kart)
  • Just drive and enjoy my cars while helping friends with their projects...
I also really want an Evora - so the RX-7 may show up for sale/trade in early May...

thoughts? ideas? even crazy off the wall ideas are welcomed!

now some pics of my current cars! (I'm a little reluctant to share pics of the rx7 because she's not completely finished and i'm wanting to debut it at a rotary event at the end of April - Deals Gap Rotary Rally)
20200112_194755.jpg Attach137499_20190710_141639.jpg 20200207_135113.jpg

·
Registered
952 Posts
What are your on-site car facilities like? Do you need to build a shop?

Here are some project car ideas...
Build a Caterham 7
Build a Locost 7 from scratch
Restore a vintage Lotus Elan, Europa, Esprit
Restomod a vintage Lotus (I hear the cringes now)
Build an endurance race car and go racing
Drop a V8 (V6?) into an older Esprit with appropriate transaxle
Build a GKN Europa clone with a Rover V8
Factory Five 818

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have seen FF's new car... just not sure I'm wanting another front engine project!

As for the locost/caterham - I've considered it in the past. and as for vintage cars - restoring or restromoding - not really my thing :( i'm amazed at seeing restored cars and modified old cars, but not something that peaks my interest to do myself. and I know the headaches of even trying to find a decent mid-90s car...

and the 818 isn't my style of car :(
i have thought about trying to building a 200+ mph car...

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
You can do a LFX V6 swap on the Miata cart. (Is that a Exocet, btw? Doesn't LOOK like one, but I'm not too familiar with them...) Or you can do a K-Miata swap on it.

OR

You can K-swap the Exige. It think it's a more natural fit in the confines of the engine bay compared to a V6.

EDIT: Nevermind, upon closer inspection it looks like you Mad Max'd it, you crazy sonofabitch. Good on you! In that case, you DEFINITELY need to do a LFX V6 swap in it!

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Hmmm. Alphabetize collection of parts?

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I went a different route. it was a car that fell in my path. However after learning the car I see a lot of potential in a 92 - 96 Jaguar Xjs 6.0 liter v12. Can be bought for rather little and with a hot cam better exhaust and other mods you would have a 200mph or so. Bad ass car. Note* having 4 speed transmission and independent rear suspension. Just one of infinite possibilities Mine is a 89 with 5.3l v12 and 3 speed still bone stock I think it will hit +150mph

1 - 8 of 8 Posts