The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I miss the Elise. Can't wait to go back to Europe again.

I cannot get my cars together in one spot, but I can get the keys together.

Next time I will post some photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
can you post some details about the Ferrari?

I think i am going to end up with a Cayenne Turbo and an Elise also. Seems like the ideal combination of cars.

-Steve

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Offroad,

It is a silver/black 1971 365GTB/4 with 51K miles on it.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
cool. never seen a silver daytona. was it repainted or is that the original color? How do you like the Cayenne? You can PM me if you want as it's obviously not Elise related at all.

-Steve

·
Registered
3 Posts
Other spot

Nice picture! But post one of the Elise please. Seems that is the one in Europe......Any specifics on car dealer or pricing, delivery fee, waiting lists etc. there?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
rijk365gtb4:

Extremely wnderful wheels! Love the Daytona.

I'll bet we have lots of Elise buyers who have nice wheels as their main drive don't you think?

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Nice keys, but then I saw the picture. You bought a Porsche station wagon (crossover, whatever)! I guess if you have to own something like that, that's the one to get. The Daytona is sweet though!

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
rijk,
By moved they just put the thread into a different forum, in your case members gallery, which they felt would probably be a better area as members can post pics of their various rides here,

Nope you haven't done anything wrong, except that you happen to own a Daytona and I don't! ;)

Chris

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Yep, porsche needs to stick to sports cars, nothing personal Rijk!

ALthough I heard on speed that the sales of Porsche sports cars were decreased this year and apparently the cayenne did well?
Chris

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've got it.

The Cayenne Turbo is not a pretty car, but very practical. Besides, my wife thinks its funny that it is faster to 60, through the quarter mile and with a higher top speed than the Ferrari and the Elise.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
The Cayenne sure is an odd situation. I can see why Porsche felt they needed it...as Chris showed with the sales info, it can help balance sales trends of their core business and make for more steady income. They're one of the few independant small car companies out there, after all...it's gotta be tough to be in that situation. Still, they tarnish their image by diversifying like that - even though that diversification may be necessary for their very survival.

It may out-accelerate your Ferrari and future Elise, but just wait 'till you get to a series of s-curves! ;)

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
offroadr35 said:
cool. never seen a silver daytona. was it repainted or is that the original color? How do you like the Cayenne? You can PM me if you want as it's obviously not Elise related at all.

-Steve
In the Victory By Design program that airs on Direct TV
each Sunday evening, one of the featured shows is 'History Of Ferrari'.
I remember the host, Alain DeCadenet,
closing the show by climbing into a silver
Daytona. -ridgeman-

·
Registered
347 Posts
rijk365gtb4 said:
The Cayenne Turbo is not a pretty car, but very practical. Besides, my wife thinks its funny that it is faster to 60, through the quarter mile and with a higher top speed than the Ferrari and the Elise.
Hi Rijk I am curious, did you tweak the Cayenne turbo? I thought the 0-60 time was > 5s and the 1/4 mile was ~13.5s both of which are slower than the projected times of the elise. Or am I just off on the Cayenne?

Arghh - my bad. Sorry. Completely ignored the fact that you already had an elise (you lucky _______). Must be my flu. Please ignore question.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts