The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Updated 9/8 15:50pm based on those going so far.

Planning a drive to Moat Mt Smokehouse this Sunday.
  • 8:00am: Rendezvous at Pressed on Spit Brook Road in Nashua, NH for those passing through to Tilton
    • 8:15am: Depart for Tilton, NH.
  • 9:15am: "Tilt'n Diner" starting location
    • Meet behind the Shell station across the street
    • Get gas, etc. prior to departure time
  • 9:30am: Depart Tilton via Newfound Lake, Warren, Sawyer Hwy
  • 12:00pm: Arrive The Moon Bakery and Cafe in Lincoln
    • Bio/coffee/fuel break
  • 12:30: Depart via The Kanc / Bear Notch
    • Will stop at one of the overlooks
    • Try to back into a section for a group photo
  • 13:30: Arrive at Moat Mt Smokehouse for lunch
  • 14:30: Hurricane Mountain Rd (Intervale) out and back
  • 16:00: Oscar B's ice cream, Sandwich
  • 17:00: Ashland, NH and end of route
RSVP if you'll be there for lunch so I can make a reservation.

Anyone driving a Lotus and former Lotus owners who have driven with me in the past are welcome to join.

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise BRG
497 Posts
Really need to get my Elise up to NH someday. I'd be tempted to come this weekend, but going the other way to LOG.
Enjoy the ride, it sounds great.
@GTH452 maybe you should think about joining this drive.

·
Premium Member
3,232 Posts
MOAT Mt. Smokehouse and brewery. Great choice! I’m still 3 weeks out from having the car back together, otherwise I’d join you.

·
Super Moderator
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Count me in please 👍
If/when you firm up where and when to meet - driving from Gardner MA area.
Great, that's 4 cars already. Will be a good day. Since you are coming from Gardner, we could meet at Pressed on Spit Brook Road in Nashua. It's on the way for cv and me, and you can take backroads in the same amount of time as 2/495/3.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Looking forward to this tomorrow! how many of us now? 5? I put the stops in google and we're driving pretty deep in NH. 5 hours from boston! This will be my longest drive with the exige for me. I can't wait. The thing just been a garage queen for 1.5 years. Lotta back roads and mountains?

·
Super Moderator
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looking forward to this tomorrow! how many of us now? 5? I put the stops in google and we're driving pretty deep in NH. 5 hours from boston! This will be my longest drive with the exige for me. I can't wait. The thing just been a garage queen for 1.5 years. Lotta back roads and mountains?
Including me, at least 6 now 7 Lotus. From Tilton until we finish in Ashland we will not drive on any interstates. We will be on some of the most notable roads in NH the entire drive.

It's one of the longer drives but not nearly among our longest. The longest have had us meeting for breakfast north of the white mountains, starting points in Vermont, etc.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Great drive today! Had a lot of fun, caught some air a couple times, mild heart attack nothwithstanding it was awesome 👍🤣
Bummed we had to cut out early, hope the rest of the drive was smooth for everyone! And thank you for putting all that together @Keeper (Shawn/Sean, apologies on spelling).

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
Ha. What an amazing time! My adrenaline is still going. It was good meeting everyone. Thanks @Keeper for organizing. Can’t wait for the next one.

Attachments

·
Registered
561 Posts
What a great day! Nice to meet some new faces and definitely great to see old friends!! Weather, route and food was perfect! We had a couple of scares on the ride home going down 93 with the dozen or more or motorcycles ripping very high speeds down the highway and then the one lost sole who decided to walk out on the highway in front of Shawn just before the "S" turns
Plant Vehicle Car Infrastructure Natural landscape
Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel

in Manchester, how you didn't pick him off is beyond me! He definitely had an angel with him running across that highway! LOL

·
Super Moderator
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
then the one lost sole who decided to walk out on the highway in front of Shawn just before the "S" turns
in Manchester, how you didn't pick him off is beyond me! He definitely had an angel with him running across that highway! LOL
Good thing Lotus stop fast. That guy almost died. He could not run across the highway as fast as he thought.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts