The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Are you talking about the Lotus "gullwing" T-top that was never released but shown on the original S2?

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
All I see is a page with a bunch of old Elise pics.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dan said:
Are you talking about the Lotus "gullwing" T-top that was never released but shown on the original S2?
Ya, it's a gullwing roof.

·
Banned
270 Posts
My long lost Elise arrives on the barge sometime next week, it has the hardtop and all the other stuff. Seeing as I am a building contractor, you know, man with power tools, I've decided to make my own gullwing top. Simple job actually, reciprocal saw to cut it into three pieces, then some duct tape to act as hinges, what could be easier? Center cutout piece will be the supporting member. May patent the idea.

Aloha
Thomas Praetzel
You nkow you live on Maui when you say arriving on the barge.

·
Banned
270 Posts
My long lost Elise arrives on the barge sometime next week, it has the hardtop and all the other stuff. Seeing as I am a building contractor, you know, man with power tools, I've decided to make my own gullwing top. Simple job actually, reciprocal saw to cut it into three pieces, then some duct tape to act as hinges, what could be easier? Center cutout piece will be the supporting member. May patent the idea.

Aloha
Thomas Praetzel
You know you live on Maui when you say arriving on the barge.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Piano,
If your speaking of the blue elise, that was an S2 ca. 2000 Lotus show car. Far as I know Lotus never got past the prototype stage with the gullwing roof, problems with sealing and weight I believe were the issues.

Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts