The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,237 Posts
Hmm. Most engines mounts are designed to let the engine rock a bit on throttle transients to reduce shock to the driveline.

Any issues since the arm is mounted to the cam cover?

ed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,042 Posts
I'll buy one. Kinda weird, the past couple of days I've been looking at hood struts for Rabbits & Golfs trying to imagine how they would work with the Elise lid. The obsticle I kept imagining was that they would be overkill for the lightweight lid, this solves that issue though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,428 Posts
Instead of making it lock into place, could it be designed in a way that you could just pull down on the engine cover.

Hook one of these pistons to the top& bottom part of the lidbone, and it could support the engine cover at any angle. Maybe add a spring like a vice grip utilizes.


Stan: What was the thing that held up the Sti Exiges engine cover? it sort of looked like a hydraulic piston. Stock?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Great looking product. I want one, how much do I owe. BTW MW did you decide not to sell your car? It looks great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
184 Posts
Will the vibration of the engine make the latch rattle? If not, I'm in for one. And if someone can find a way to use the small button of the remote to pop the lib....
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,941 Posts
mrluky said:
Instead of making it lock into place, could it be designed in a way that you could just pull down on the engine cover. Hook one of these pistons to the top& bottom part of the lidbone, and it could support the engine cover at any angle. Maybe add a spring like a vice grip utilizes. Stan: What was the thing that held up the Sti Exiges engine cover? it sort of looked like a hydraulic piston. Stock?
Yes that was stock for the Exige. They also have a remote release for the engine cover inside the car.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,592 Posts
I can't believe that it took 20 posts for someone to ask how much it weighed!
 

·
purveyor of lightness
Joined
·
4,080 Posts
SweetDaddyD said:
I can't believe that it took 20 posts for someone to ask how much it weighed!
I was biting my tongue... seriously if you added this and removed the stock prop rod it can't be adding more than a couple ounces or so... :nanner:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,941 Posts
darkSol said:
I was biting my tongue... seriously if you added this and removed the stock prop rod it can't be adding more than a couple ounces or so... :nanner:
Yeah but we moved mass forward...which the car needs...if we are splitting hairs!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
EdHahn said:
Hmm. Most engines mounts are designed to let the engine rock a bit on throttle transients to reduce shock to the driveline.

Any issues since the arm is mounted to the cam cover?

ed
We already thought of that, and the design accounts for movement of the motor. Also, the mount does not vibrate, or if it does you cant hear it. There are also no signs of wear that would be caused from vibration.

It is made of fairly thick pieces of Aluminum. It probably weighs more than the stock prop, but i'll have to weigh the two for comparison. All in all, a bottle of water in the passenger compartment would weigh more.

The LIDbone will be available later this week after all the parts arrive. Price is $49.95.

Yes, I still have MW. But she still needs to go :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,002 Posts
we love our Wedgie :)
 
21 - 40 of 175 Posts
Top