The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the photos I've seen, the two colors look pretty damn similar, with the Nightfall looking like a darker version of Magnetic.

In fact, if one was to speak in terms of CMYK, it looks like the two colors have the same CMY values, and the nightfall just has extra K.

Finally, all the pics of the little LA Show model cars don't tell me much -- the resolution and picture quality is too low for me to see a difference.

So does anyone know about the nuanced differences between the two blues, besides one simply looking darker?

And while we're on the subject, can anyone speak to the "personality" of Lotus's metallic paints? For example, the cosmos black on my M3 is actually awash with multi-color flecks that really catch the light when the car is clean. Do the Lotus paints have any similar kind of specialness or luster?

... Leaning toward nightfall blue and biscuit...

·
Registered
172 Posts
nightfall blue

I was at the auto show this week and everyone there was incredibly friendly and helpful............they allowed me in w/ the cars and I was able to take some good pictures of the models and demos. The problem is the nightfall blue hasn't been put on an elise as of yet and nobody has seen it. Clyde said the only colors he has not seen in person is the lime green and nightfall blue.
I was leaning to the nightfall blue myself w/ the burgundy interior (it is more that then red) but the lighter colors show the cars lines better. Leave your e-mail and I will forward you shots.
One thing clyde did let me know is the NB is basically the same paint code as the Aston Martin NB so I took a couple shots of the Vanquish that was there.
It is a very classy color.
Strange thing is I hate red in sports cars but found myself drawn to the red like a magnet........W/ the black accents it is stunning.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: nightfall blue

SSflanker7 said:
Leave your e-mail and I will forward you shots.
Just sent you my email address... thanks!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi Derek,
The model was the same color as the Aston Martin there at the show.......it is a deep navy blue. That shot and the shots on several different sites are incorrect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts