·
Registered
7,115 Posts
i wanna R8

·
Registered
601 Posts
i wanna R8
I have to agree. The combination of a mid-engine car and quattro is very appealing. The R8 is hands down the best looking car in the bunch.

I saw and heard (great 8 cylinder growl) in Greenwich village and I was in awe.

All the german cars have better interior and exterior design than the Nissan but the Nissan can't be beat as far as bang for the buck.

·
Premium Member
11,716 Posts
I think I see the appeal of owning one. If you're driving it, you can't actually see it.
Yes, this is the reason given as to why so many US children play soccer: that way they don't have to watch it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have to agree. The combination of a mid-engine car and quattro is very appealing. The R8 is hands down the best looking car in the bunch.

I saw and heard (great 8 cylinder growl) in Greenwich village and I was in awe.

All the german cars have better interior and exterior design than the Nissan but the Nissan can't be beat as far as bang for the buck.
I've been inside the GTR and I have to say the interior isn't that far off from it's competition. Nothing can beat the interior in the R8 anyways, regardless of the car.

·
Registered
617 Posts
For comparison:
Noble M400 at Rockingham (same config.): 76.6 seconds (Autocar, Sept. 2005).

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
The Germans have never been about the cheapest performance for the dollar. Numerous magazines have also tested the Z06 as faster around a track than the Porsche Turbo. I suspect the GTR will be a tad faster than the comparably priced Z06 so Chevy will up it's HP a little and the race will be on for those that care.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
For comparison:
Noble M400 at Rockingham (same config.): 76.6 seconds (Autocar, Sept. 2005).
Yeah, but the Noble is a bunch of steel tubes welded together in a shed by a guy who races them and has a sense of style .

The GT-R is made in a factory in Japan by robots who have no sense of style and don't race them.
;)

This one will never be Gojira.

·
Registered
519 Posts
The GT-R is an impressive car, but in terms of style the 911 and R8 need to be in a seperate catagory.

Out of those 4, Ill take the R8 hands down.

·
Registered
519 Posts
You are wrong!!!! The GT-R is made by the hands of god! :bow:
rotfl

For what its worth, the engine is hand assembled.

And if you opt for the silver paint, its hand polished between coats...

For the original comment about being hand build (not you Mopho), you would be surprised to learn how little of the Porche is hand built.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts