·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday, July 6, 2008 at 11:00pm - Monday, July 7, 2008 at 1:00am

Universal City Nissan
3550 Cahuenga Blvd West
Los Angeles, CA

"1st GTR to Be delivered in the USA. Come and Meet Sreve Millen and the rest of the Nismo Group, Food and Drinks"

I believe someone is taking a delivery of the first Nissan GTR tonight at midnight (since the car is officially being delivered on 7/7).

I am not gonna make it, but thought some of you might be interested. There will be people from Nismo Group, and food/drinks, etc.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Interesting...I wonder how they claim to be the "first" when there are a bunch of other US-released GTRs already out. At a Nismo meet a few months back Superior Nissan had a US Model GTR on display. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting...I wonder how they claim to be the "first" when there are a bunch of other US-released GTRs already out. At a Nismo meet a few months back Superior Nissan had a US Model GTR on display. :shrug:
Yeah true.

I think this one of the first official delivery though. Universal City Nissan is the largest Nissan dealership, so they have done some special events in the past. They did unveiling of a GTR a couple of months ago, too.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
you are telling us the event like 1:03:00 before it starts? How are we going to make it in such a short time? :)

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you are telling us the event like 1:03:00 before it starts? What a way to spoil it!!!! :D
Haha. Got an email from Mike Sage (whose family owns Univ. City Nissan) the other day, and didn't think about posting it until now.

It should be a fun event.

·
Registered
807 Posts
who's sreve millen? is that rodney's long lost scandinavian brother? ;)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Haha. Got an email from Mike Sage (whose family owns Univ. City Nissan) the other day, and didn't think about posting it until now.

It should be a fun event.
Mike Sage used to be on here and don't know if he still owns his '06 Solar Yellow Exige.

Midnight is nothing to these guys as that's about the time they start to really sale cars :D

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
The guy who got the car already owns one that he imported from Japan months ago, sort of takes the excitement out of the delivery :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Going to the first delivery meet for the GTR is like going to a topless bar for a fatchick's first show

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Going to the first delivery meet for the GTR is like going to a topless bar for a fatchick's first show
So, maybe if you drink enough beer it will look hot?

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Black GT-R
<embed src="http://videos.streetfire.net/vidiac.swf?video=6137c79f-823d-43af-98da-9ad20136a6f9" width="428" height="352" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed><br/><a href="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/First-GTR-sold-in-the-USA_170244.htm?ref=ec8edccb-f09c-4c6b-b066-9953017f1448">First GTR sold in the USA</a>

The SOB got it at MSRP supposedly!

·
Registered
143 Posts
how long till that pig is wrapped around a pile of tires or a guard rail?

I like it in black a bit more that is the first one I have seen that looks good...

·
Registered
1,679 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
With the high gas price, I m not surprised with MSRP, although the GTR buyers wouldn't be worried about gas price at all....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts