The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I will be putting in my Nitrons s/a soon. - sector111 doesn't seems to have instructions or recomendations? or do they? serch here turned up little info about installation instructions. I want to install them myself because i get off on that sorta thing - but i will then take it to get aligned and corner balanced.

anyways - i would like to gather such advice here, compile it and post it up. so if you can add to the following, please do!

1. install pics, instructions?

2. recomendations and means of setting ride height?

3. settings for street and track

4. recomendations for removing the steering rack spacers, is that preferred? if it is, is there a link here with guidance?

and lastly if anyone has advice on alignment and corner balancing please ping me! (i am in san diego)

Thanks for any (pics, tips, guidance, tricks, etc)

-Rod

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bumb for any info?

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I need the same here. Maybe Sector 111 can step in and provide the needed info.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I will try and locate some info but a competent shop should corner balance your car once installed, What I do know is my settings and
STREET: I run -8 clicks from FULL SOFT on all four corners.
TRACK: I RUN -6 front and -8 rear from FULL HARD.
This is a great setup (For Me)
I will see if I can find my height settings

Note: Don't jam the adjustment knob in full lock on either soft or hard as it can become stuck and make you angry :)

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks ZTEC! more and more info and comments i can eventaully digest and compile into a tech sheet.

fpitas posted this:

I set my initial ride height using an outside caliper to measure (and match) the spring mounted lengths before I installed the coilovers. I ended up with 6.75" mounted (1/4" compression) in the front and 8" (no mounted compression) in the rear to get ride heights of 115F/120R mm. I am using Eibach 525/650 lb/in springs, 7" free length in the front, 8" free length in the rear. YMMV.

so thats pretty good info an what certain perch settings will = in ride height.

any install process photos etc would be helpfull, if anyone happens to have anything.. i konw its pretty straight forward - so i might do the photo documents myself if no one has that - just helpfull to "learn from others experiances"

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I'll comment that, if you set the ride height too high with the Nitrons, the shocks will run out of droop travel. This is because they are considerably shorter than the stock shocks. You should be aiming for 115mm ride height in front or lower, maybe 120 - 125mm in the back, or lower. The rear should always be 5 - 10mm higher than the front. Never set the rear ride height lower than the front.

I've been driving around with 115/120mm ride height for a few thousand miles now without any bottoming on speed bumps or driveway entrances.

It's a good idea to put some silicone grease on the shaft under the bump stops to minimize corrosion. Also put a little regular grease on the end bearings, they'll last longer.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
It's a good idea to put some silicone grease on the shaft under the bump stops to minimize corrosion. Also put a little regular grease on the end bearings, they'll last longer.
I use this to coat the shaft under the bumpstops:

Corrblock.html

Apply some good moly grease into the bearing ends and make sure the O-rings are in place and seal them from the outside and stop dirt and water getting into the bearings.

Coat the springs in something like Tectyl or Waxoyl before fitting and coat the entire damper body in a water-resistant spray-on grease.

Clean and re-do about 1 to 2x a year and have them refreshed/rebuilt every 2 years or so and they should keep on prividing excellent service for a looong time.

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
for those with these SA Nitrons. Is droop minimized enough that when the car is jacked up the rear arms dont droop below the undertray? I am interested in filling in the hole in the undertray under the rear suspension arms.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Any update for instructions on installation, anyone have guides? My nitron SA arrived today and I would like to install them myself.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
for those with these SA Nitrons. Is droop minimized enough that when the car is jacked up the rear arms dont droop below the undertray? I am interested in filling in the hole in the undertray under the rear suspension arms.
Late response to your query... I am just seeing it, but here are some pictures of my car (from the "jack helper" thread) that show the amount of droop when lifted. I have SA Nitrons installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
thanks for the photos. I ended up going with JRZ coilovers so it doesn't really apply to me but that is what I was looking for at the time.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
We've had a suspension guide on our website for almost two years. Sorry if it was hard to find - it is located on the Nitron SA product page. Nitron Settings

Never hesitate to call us for help as well. Monitoring this board is not easy to do - it is best to contact us directly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts