The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Am using the 450/600 lbs springs. For street it’s 11-12 clicks from full stiff and track (using the Yoko 048 tires) 4 clicks stiffer. That is for the front, leave the rear a couple clicks on the softer side. No LSD and stock anti-roll bar. Last track outing was the first time using sticker tires (Hankook C71) and next time will dial in few more click stiffer. It’s a good starting point and you can play around what works best for you on the track. For the street you want enough compliance that you shouldn’t be going too far on the stiff side.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I use 7 clicks from softest in front and 8-9 clicks from softest in rear for the street, adding about 3 clicks more stiffness to each for the track on Toyo R888, works great.

That's similar to LarryB, just one click softer, since the rear shocks have about two more clicks than the fronts, and there are ~20 clicks in front and ~22 in rear

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
-8F/-10R from full hard, Hoosiers. Not that I really know what I'm doing, just what I'm doing.
26/28 hot air pressure.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Larry- do you find the 450/600 lbs spring set up to be acceptable for the street without being insanely harsh? I recall the stock springs being something like 250/350.

I'm considering some Nitron singles to swap out for my stock dampers but not wanting to go any stiffer on the street rate wise.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Lotus approach to the stock version of the car- soft spring rates with stiff dampers. It makes for a rough ride on the higher frequency stuff and allows for a lot of body roll. For the Nitrons went with the lower spring rates, with the damper in the street setting it’s a much nicer ride then stock. If I leave it setup for the track while driving to or from then its much stiffer then stock.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Any recomendations for settings for the street and track for Nitron singles?
I run my Singles with the 450/600 spring rates and with both street [Toyo R888] and track [Hoosier A6]. I keep my dampers at 11 clicks from hard front and back. This appears to be less than everyone else, but I like the mid-corner bump compliance as it keeps the car from being upset on poor surfaces.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts