The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For starters I wanna thank Keinayo for selling me the Nitron Track Suspension. I am now in debt to my credit card but oh well welcome to the american way. After an hour degreasing them to clean up the suspension and a couple Rockstar Volka drinks they look great. I cant wait to install them. Little by little SobeLotus is becoming the next upcoming Lotus to beat in the east coast..

I have read up lots of posts reference Ntitrons but any additional tips are greatly welcomed. I will post my install step by step to assist others since I am very anal about my installs. Currently SobeLotus is at the dealer due to an oil and enigine coolant leak. So please hold. These cars are so temperamental.

Please provide Nitron tips. Thanks

I have a 2005 Lotus Elise with basic factory Blisten Touring suspension.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Tips:

- Work some good moly grease into the spherical joints and coat them with a nice layer
- Make sure the rubber O-rings are seated properly and embedded in the moly grease to keep you any dirt
- Lift the bump stops and coat the bottom of the damper shaft with a thick grease, preferrably with anti-corrosion properies
- Remove the springs, clean then thouroughly and coat them with a flexible protective coating (Tectyl, Waxoyl, etc.)
- Once installed and ride height set, spray the dampers bodies and attachement points with a thick (sealing) grease that's water resistant. Especially coat on/around the spring collar to stop dirt and grit getting in the thread between the collar and damper body
- Put a thick grease in the cavity between the lower adjuster and the bottom spring platform

Also try to take 'em off, apart , clean and re-coat every 6 months and have them refurbished every 2 years or so.

Should then last pretty much indefinitely.

The trick is to keep water and dirt out of the various movable parts and stop corrosion from happening on the damper shaft.

Bye, Arno.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts