The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I am new to the forum so this may have been asked a few times but I could not see much when searching forum

I need shocks for my Elise SC 2007, as the old shocks are shot

I will be doing mainly tracks days 95% 5% road
My question is Im have got it down to a choice of 2 set of shocks
Quantums and Nitons

Nitron NTR46 1 way
or
Quantums single adjustable

They are about the same price and hope I can make my mind up with some advise from you guys I can get my own spring rates to suit after choice is made

Some links below

Nitron Racing Shocks,Store,(0:cool:,Lotus Elise SC (08- ) NTR Track Day 1-Way 46mm Suspension Kit

https://www.eliseparts.com/products/show/73/775/quantum-single-adjustable-dampers/

Thanks and look forward to all opinions

·
Registered
945 Posts
I think Quantums are generally regarded as superior to Nitrons in terms of damper performance (see http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f91/can-t-decide-coilsover-go-100643/ ) for example, but if you're in the USA I'm not sure there are any dealers or service shops for them if you need a rebuild or revalve.

If you're outside the US or somewhere where Quantum is more popular I'd go for those, otherwise I'd go for the Nitrons or look into Ohlins or Penske. If you're in the US I think the BWR Penskes would be your best option just to tap into Fred/BWR's valving and service expertise, but they are a lot more expensive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks People

I think Im going Quantums they are very close to my brothers house in the UK so that is a bonus
The Quantums are also cheaper as I can get discount too :)
They servicing is cheaper and springs also
every one i have spoke to today have said go Quantums but the Nitrons are a close second
The quantums are a far simpler design from what I get out of what people are telling me.
So is pointing that way at the moment

1 - 5 of 5 Posts