The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this stuff, since I have now owned a sports car for 1 week (I got my Elise last weekend). I am thinking about trying to make it faster. Which one is best? Seems the s/c is more expensive. Do either of these negatively affect resale? Can a Nos system be put into a stock motor? Will Nos affect the life of the motor? How long will a bottle of Nos last? As you can see, I know very little about this tuff.
Thanks. Rick

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
1,228 Posts
NOS bottles will have to be filled up regularly for use. And once you start feeding from the baby bottle, you won't stop.

Just go with a supercharger solution. It will have a custom tune optimized for your power increase versus just spraying into the stock ECU.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
NOS bottles will have to be filled up regularly for use. And once you start feeding from the baby bottle, you won't stop.

Just go with a supercharger solution. It will have a custom tune optimized for your power increase versus just spraying into the stock ECU.
This is the first half way intelligent post Ive seen you make on this forum... Congrats.. :D

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Nitrous is fun, but becomes a real burden. The bottle only lasts for a minute or two worth of boost, and requires a trip to a filling station to get back in business. It is cheap to buy and install, but quickly becomes expensive with refills.

Add to that the hassle of opening and closing the valve on the bottle... it can't be stored open or it will leak down... and the fun factor goes away fast.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts