The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
nj april 19 and 20 mods and oil change weekend.

ok heres where im at guys. ive wanted , and talked about, for months to have a day a bunch of us can get together and do tech stuff, mods, oil changes, prep for the coming driving season, etc...

i had thought the middle of april, however, it appears that will not work out, so im open to ideas. in april no auto x or lotus club dates are scheduled on either the 19 or 20th, not sure why, maybe some other holiday or something, however maybe one of those dates works for a few of you? i know its well over a month away... i will host this both days!

my car has to have the following done,

hids kit, done!!!!!!!!!!!
steath bulbs installed done!!!!!!
v force harness bar done!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oil change
stans shifter mod
ff engine dampener
a048s mounted and balanced. done!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and most likely new brake pads put on.

please feel free to comment, maybe you need something done, or would want to do one of the above projects together?

let me know as it will be upon us faster then we think...

ll try, heres a list of definite,
exarkun1178 19 & 20
iamapoeticgirl 19&20
midashands
anomymous
e.d. 19
keinayo 20
cornbeef 20
Z-dculus 19
glb
lmm 20
sue 20
ssrl
njdrool 19
goldfive 20
kahuna001
macdady2424
siejai 19/20
espritv8 20?
cbelon?

ok the list so far,

e.d. candy and snacks
cornbeef soda / poweraid
midashands burgers, buns
macdaddy hotdogs beer
z, chicken
anonymous a **** load of bagel bites...

·
Registered
547 Posts
I could be up for that. I just did the HIDs and reEnforcer on my car, so could definitely be of help in that department. Took me awhile to figure out, but now that i've done it, np.

I'm not sure how much life is left on my brake pads, car has 13k miles, how do I check?

Here's my list of stuff I want to learn:

- Replace w/ Pagid blues when stock pads are worn out
- Replace brake fluid and bleed brakes
- Replace transmission fluid

Also, my nitrons are on the way in a few weeks, not sure if i am going to give that a shot myself or what.

If I almost need new tires, is it easiest to do the new tires & suspension at the same time then have everything balanced, aligned or whatever? I have absolutely no idea what balanced & aligned even means.

Keep me in the loop! Could be fun. I definitely want to learn everything that should be checked for track days. Brakes, fluid, what bolts to check/tighten, etc...

·
Registered
740 Posts
ok heres where im at guys. ive wanted , and talked about, for months to have a day a bunch of us can get together and do tech stuff, mods, oil changes, prep for the coming driving season, etc...

i had thought the middle of april, however, it appears that will not work out, so im open to ideas. in april no auto x or lotus club dates are scheduled on either the 19 or 20th, not sure why, maybe some other holiday or something, however maybe one of those dates works for a few of you? i know its well over a month away...

my car has to have the following done,

hids kit,
steath bulbs installed
v force harness bar
oil change
stans shifter mod
ff engine dampener
a048s mounted and balanced.
and most likely new brake pads put on.

please feel free to comment, maybe you need something done, or would want to do one of the above projects together?

let me know as it will be upon us faster then we think...
I'll be there!! Got also a bunch of things to do:
- Lights: HIDs, Stealth bulbs, LEDs for parking lights (got extra ones! If you didn't buy these yet, you can have 'm)
- Got the HRM aluminum shift kit recently, still need to take a look at it to see if I can install these with the tools I have
- Also the leather door sills & replacing shift+hand brake leather boots are waiting for weeks now at my desk in the office for me to pick it up, let alone install it.

And I bought Nitron shocks, along with some other guys in the NY area (MSF111 etc.), I don't know if we'll install these + let them balances in a separate session. If not, I can add that also to the list.

·
Registered
547 Posts
i bought the reenforcer and bollock shift knob from S111...happy with how that turned out and an easy mod to complete. not sure how tough the aluminum shift kit is to install. shouldn't be too bad.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I know the hand brake lever and the gear knob can be removed by simply using the correct size allen wrench. It's pretty much a piece of a cake if you have the right size allen wrench. I've brought some allen wrenches with me from the Netherlands for my racing bicycle, but I'm not sure I have the right size because American and European sizes in tools are not 100% equal. I'll find out.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Well, I'm down to help out. I've just done my oil and flushed my brake lines, but I might be due for some new brake pads. I also want to install a stage II exhaust when i pic it up and also check my toe links again. Any day after April 4th works for me.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I'm going to do my oil before then as well. I got a quick release plug for my oil so going to try that out. Ordered some motul brake fluid, definitely need help flushing that out.

yeah, toe links... gotta learn what to look for there.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
This might be a pretty cool day. I always like working on my car, until i get halfway into it. But with others around it should be pretty fun. And I'm sure a few drinks wouldn't hurt.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I know I always get thirsty. I'll bring some Sierra Nevada. It's my car working beer.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
How about BWR SC kit install :D

·
Registered
454 Posts
I'm down for 20th...
I'm considering getting HIDs, Stealth bulbs, LEDs for parking lights, too...
Which HIDs people use the most? and easy to install?
What is Stealth bulbs? and where can I buy them + LED parking lights...
put me down for the meet.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
+1 worth the drive for me. I need to learn the tricks of the trade re: oil changes in these beasts.

·
Registered
740 Posts

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
looks like well have a nice day then! ill get out the bbq and enjoy a fun lotus day.

i might be interested in those side leds, do you have a link?

lol, not sure if 2 days can do a sc install? lol maybe?

ill have a look at the toe link as well...

·
Registered
740 Posts
looks like well have a nice day then! ill get out the bbq and enjoy a fun lotus day.

i might be interested in those side leds, do you have a link?

lol, not sure if 2 days can do a sc install? lol maybe?

ill have a look at the toe link as well...
LEDs, if you mean the parking light in the head light assembly:
it's on somewhere on http://www.superbrightleds.com/

WLED 6-LED bulb
12 VDC 6-LED Wedge Base bulb (194/168 type)
With built-in voltage regulator
$ 2.79

If you mean the lights in the side markers above the wheels, I don't know, for me it's not worth the effort of replacing these, I like 'm the way they are.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I'll be away that weekend...so have fun guys.

If you reschedule it for another weekend I'd be interested.

Where have you guys been purchasing and mounting/balancing tires? I'm considering the R888 for spring-fall duty and taking off the goodyear F1's.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
I'll be there.

You forgot exhaust install. I hope all you guys wanting to install exhausts come join us :)

I have no technical or mechanical knowledge. I'm willing to do as much as I possibly can, but obviously I'd have to defer to someone else who knows more for some things. Do you think this is a problem? I don't want to come off like an ass-hole getting free help.

Will help others, too :)

·
Registered
547 Posts
I have never worked much on cars either... but i have done the HIDs and re-enforcer, and will have done the oil by then. The HIDs took me a few hours to figure everything out but if i had to do it again would only take about 30 mins per side.

I've been reading the sandsmuseum write ups, i'm going to use it to help with the oil change.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I'll be there.

You forgot exhaust install. I hope all you guys wanting to install exhausts come join us :)

I have no technical or mechanical knowledge. I'm willing to do as much as I possibly can, but obviously I'd have to defer to someone else who knows more for some things. Do you think this is a problem? I don't want to come off like an ass-hole getting free help.

Will help others, too :)
I'm no mechanical expert also, but using common sense and available info on the internet enables me to do the more straightforward things by myself. That's how I learned some basic pinball machine repair skills.

1 - 20 of 201 Posts