fishing trip

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
june 21st

ok, so went surf fishing for the first time in years with macdady. had a great time, though skunked.

anyway as today came together last moment it was tough getting a few people together, though several of you showed interest, would have gone with more warning, or said they could come , but did not...-poke--poke-

any way, with all the positive feed back, i though i might do this again, though with more notice.

so fill out the poll, and we will go from there.

fore anyone asked, midashands is the reason this is a beach trip and not a ocean trip. he gets weak in the knees in a boat...:shrug:

1.me
2.midashands
3.spiz
4.sal
5.Kathleen
6.z
7.macdaddy.
8.BM
9.Anonymous
10.lotus f1

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Not to rub it in, but you missed a pretty cool, non car related day. I enjoyed it alot, even though i didn't see a fish. The beach was pretty nice and relaxing. We should do it again.

Exaurkun, thanks again for the invite down there. Maybe next time we'll find a place open for dinner.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I don't know if this makes any sense, but we could do a mid/late saturday so people won't have to deal with crazy traffic coming and going. Also, I'm sure we could do a fun little beach drive or something. We learned today that fishing poles do fit in an Elise, well sort of. It would be cool if we could grill on the beach, but I don't know if that's allowed. Just my .02

·
Registered
205 Posts
i don't surf fish anymore. used to lots in the gulf of mexico.
last time i did, hooked a big one, a drag puller; i thought to myself, "nice!"
then, it became easier to reel in..so i though, "well maybe the fish is swimming towards me, hence less drag pullin'"

then, i reeled in just the head of a quivering spotted sea trout; the back end had been chomped off by a shark.:eek:

i was waist deep in the surf with a stringer of 6-8 "lures" hanging by my leg, and i realized at that time i had enough of surf fishing.

there are other ways to catch fish..i'm not that desparate.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok guys lets get this moving a bit more. sounds like saturday meeting between 5-and 7 will work the best. still have a few hours a light, and not having to stand in the hard sun of the mid day.

so, we have,

the 7th, 14th, 21st,and 28th

the 14th and 28 th there are auto xs and the 6th quite a few of us have an auto x also. there is nothing on the club111 calender for this month. my thoughts, either the 7th or 21st. what do you guys think?

also, who need a rod? who will bring their own tackle? so i know what ill need to stock up on.

please post if youd like to come. also as of a min ago, sunday is winning those that wrote saturday, would you have a problem doing a sunday mid morning or late night on sunday?

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
also, it it makes it easier, we can go to sandy hook. though ive never fished there. or a bit further south at island beach state park.(where me and macdaddy went) both places allow 4x4s and fires(at night under guild lines)

what would you guy perfer?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I'm good for sat or sunday, but I vote for not the 7th. Won't be in the country.

Guys / gals, This would a pretty good time and it doesn't really involve our cars. As a non-beach person, I think it would be cool to have a fire or something going. Also, I have no fishing equipment and does an audi tt count as a 4x4??? Hm.....

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok, then, the 21 or 22, ok, thats it that weekend anyway! and that should give everyone time to plan this in to their month. ill reset the first post

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok based on text messaging, sunday the 22 is the day. my thoughts, we could all meet some where up north and take a drive to the shore. stop for lunch, then go fishing. i have a 4x4 so, we will have a base of operations. i hope many of you will come.

1 - 20 of 151 Posts