The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi guys, i would have sent an email, though i do not have emails for many of you, so though id just make a thread.

as most of you know, im not one for donating...at all... once in a blue moon some thing strikes me. this is that blue moon.

a co worker of mine was diagnosed with stage 3 cancer only months ago. for the last 2 months things have been very very hard. the situation is not promising.
hes been with the company 29 years this month. a few of us have gotten together and are hosting a bar competition and auction on Thursday the 29th.

i am 110% behind this event! and am doing all i can.

i am donating an "auto x school event" and the use of my car for this.

note, as its come up a few times now,

if youd like to donate some THING, i would like to come by and pick it up prior to the show, if youd like to give moneys, and are coming, great. if youd like to give moneys but will not be able to make it next Thursday, you can pay pal me, and add to a note its from Lotus Talk. i will take every cent, match it dollar for dollar and present a check for that amount to dom the night of the event.

if any of you would to come down here and watch some great bar tenders do flair, great music, drinks, food and fun. please....
he does not own a lotus, but is as much a car guy as anyone can be. if i can get a few of us, the'll be a roped of segment in front of the restaurant for us.,

im am not soliciting anything, just wanted to put this out there.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks mike....

·
Registered
454 Posts
location?

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tomsriver nj

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I'll try and make it too! Can you email me the flyer you made?

Is it posible to post up the flyer?

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes, im having trouble though... i have it on the pc, buy the file is to big to send in an email, and to big to send to kinkos.... on top of that i cant seem to save it on a cd?!!! ugh

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Hey, I can probably make it. As of now, I'm free. I'll be just getting back from Chicago, then getting ready to go up to Montreal, but I should be good.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Rob,
pm me some details and I'll try and make it for a good cause. Non Lotus owners are welcome?

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the intrest

basicly, 7pm(though a little early is good) at the tgi fridays in toms river nj.

its open to evey one. i bought a tabe for us tonight seeing how there is a little intrest. so we will have great seat with a good view of the bar flair....

it cost nothing to come.!

like i said im doing the auto x school, if any one has a prize they would like to donate, or would be intrested in bidding on the prizes there thats fine but not needed.

if i can get at least 3 cars, ill have the spots roped off for us.

it will be a great time!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Since I never drive on the GSP south around 5pm, how bad would traffic be going south on the GSP to Toms River. Just trying to get an idea of how long it would take to get down there from Livingston, NJ.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
umm, it will be a little heavy, but nothing like the traffic you are use to up north. maybe delay you 15 - 30 mins tops.

·
Registered
82 Posts
This would seem to be tailor-made for me (I'm a Lotus owner, I have recently suffered loss due to cancer, and I live in Toms River)...but I'll be out of the country at that time.

Have fun guys...it's a good thing you're doing.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
This would seem to be tailor-made for me (I'm a Lotus owner, I have recently suffered loss due to cancer, and I live in Toms River)...but I'll be out of the country at that time.

Have fun guys...it's a good thing you're doing.
sorry to hear, best wishes

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hey Rob, sorry to hear about your coworker. Thats really cool of you to do this for him. As it gets a little closer I'll let you know for sure if I can make it, but chances are that I'll be there for ya!

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hey thanks!

its shaping up to be a big night! next week if i can get a head count of people likely, so i can arrange the reserved parking area.

thanks again guys!

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
just a bump, this is coming together, if i can get a quick head count of most likely s bringing cars so i can get it in the works for the parking that would be great....

·
Registered
543 Posts
hey rob

we might be able to run down. would something like a 1:18 model car work as an auction item??

i hate cancer myself. lost mom, grandparents, friends ... even ride in the ACS bikeathon every year.

maybe you'll need to have TGIfridays rope off space for more than three?

you can't have the only starlight black elise there you know :cool:

tom
chief king pin of the S.B.A.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts