The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's an invitation to all LotusTalk denizens to attend our club's July and August events. You don't have to be a LEO member to join us.

The annual Lotus Enthusiast's Organization Picnic, Rally, and Car Show is Sunday, July 19th, at Schooley's Mountain Park in Long Valley NJ. This is a multi-club picnic with other British marques.

The Picnic includes:
a RALLY
a Popular Vote Car Show with trophies
a 50/50 raffle drawing
a Tailgate (Picnic Basket) competition

This is our third year for the tailgate competition and it is gaining in popularity! Decorate your boot with whatever is your favorite thing! Bring comfy chairs and allow everyone to visit your special car and favorite things. There will be prizes for best boot!

Best Tech - Best Tasting - Best Presentation

Date: Sunday, July 19th 2009

RALLY BEGINS @ 10 AM
PICNIC @ 12:30 PM

Rally, car show & picnic fee for 2 people is $30. Picnic only = $15 per person.
Kids under 16 are free. Please send check payable to Jaguar Auto Group by July 13th to the address below.

Lynda Louden
5 Esther Court
Chester, NJ 07930
908-879-8634
[email protected]

We have an Alcohol Permit for the park, so bring your favorite Adult Beverages.

PM me if you need directions or see the July LEO Newsletter at
LEO NEWSLETTERS
+++++++++++++++

We are also planning a Catskill Mountains Spirited Drive for all of you who like the roads in the mountains. It happens on Sunday, August 16 out of Pine Bush NY. The ride will last more than 2 hours and will end up at a nice restaurant, with an interesting stop mid-way.

If you can't join us the entire day at least have dinner with us!

++++++++++++++

The Long Island contingent is getting together once again at the Vanderbilt Concours in Center Point L.I. on Sunday August 23rd. If that is where you and your Lotus reside, be sure to stop by!

As I said, details are all in our July newsletter at the link above.

:clap: :wave:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Atwell,

Bring "comfy chairs" in Lotus? rotfl
Do they have chair rental in Mountain Park?
For us it's either blanket and Lotus, or chairs and Jeep :)

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Atwell,

"Comfy" is a matter of preference.

I like aggressive side bolsters on mine, and sufficient lumbar support. :bow:

Blanket's a good idea too. For the actual picnic presentation that is.

Seriously --- there are plenty of picnic tables and benches at the Park. Bring a folding chair if you want to sit near your car during the car show.

PS I have Allens in my tool kit if you care to take MacDaddy's advice....rotfl

We could "borrow" one of his chairs while he is in the chow line. :evil:

·
Registered
417 Posts
I can't take the advise, at least one of the seat bolts got stuck thanks to previous owner... At least with my tools, it's stuck.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Atwell,

Don't laugh. You can get some pretty comfortable canvas chairs these days that will easily fit in the boot. One probably takes up less space than your blanket.

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah, can't make the picnic. Have fun with out me. I'll eventually catch up with you Carbuff.
NOW where are we going to obtain chairs???? :panic:

:D

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Picnic came off today...the weather was perfect.

Lotus owners won the rally (we even got Vexige to participate on that):bow:

Lots of good times and good people...except for the Esprit owner who discovered a problem with his transmission. (For those attending, yes, his car made it home under it's own power!)

Loti garnered trophies in several of the Car Show classes (divided into year of production) and we won the Road Rally...

Couldn't compete against this in the Picnic competition though! :(

Actually the winner was not the Tropical themed boot, nor was it the Mexican themed boot...it was the couple serving the Kamikazi's from their trunk that won! (hic) rotfl

Attachments

·
Registered
425 Posts
damn i didn't even see this thread lol.. today was the mothers bday though... prob still would have made it though lol..

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
It was a good event with interesting cars and very good hot dogs and burgers along with plenty of yummy snacks. It was especially nice to meet some other Lotus owners.

It was a good thing we left a bit before 2:00. We hit traffic in south NJ, Baltimore, DC & south of Richmond. A solid 8 hour ride home. Not bad in a new Honda Fit with good AC and an automatic but it would have been tough in with a manual transmission.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Lotus owners won the rally (we even got Vexige to participate on that):bow:
We had a great time! If I only didn't miss one street at the very end of that rally... I felt it's on the left, but my wife told me to go straight. :(
Somehow, my car won the "Best Lotus" :shrug: and I even have a plaque to prove it:). A fluke I guess; there were several much more deserving this title Lotuses, Atwell's being one of them.

That 1924 RR was an amazing machine. :up:

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If I only didn't miss one street at the very end of that rally... I felt it's on the left, but my wife told me to go straight.
You don't always listen to your wife do you???? :eek: rotfl

Just remember, there's no "I" in TEAM.....

:popcorn:

·
Registered
417 Posts
You don't always listen to your wife do you???? :eek: rotfl
:
For the most part I don't :no: (been married for 25+ years), but occasionally, I do, i.e. last Sunday:wallbang:

We'll see how we'll do on the next rally :cool:

There's a French saying: "listen to a woman and do the opposite..." :)

Hope to see you on August 16

1 - 14 of 14 Posts