The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was my first time in the Lotus on track. With the weather calling for rain the whole weekend, I was a bit apprehensive. Since I was running the event, I really didn't have any option so I was for sure going. I managed to get down to Millville to set up registration with a lot of help from the volunteers just before a downpour hit.

Saturday turned out to be an fantastic day on track. The only problem with the whole weekend was that I think the SweetDaddyD numbers lasted, oh about half a lap, never to be seen again. I'm sure it's my poor installation method, but I just wish I took a couple pictures with them.

You'll notice the pictures from the first time out have no numbers on the car, and after I figured out I was missing both of them, decided to use ye ol painter's tape.

Sunday absolutely poured in the morning and we were pretty close to suspending the driving. Fortunately it started clearing up midway through the morning sessions so it became a good learning experience for everyone. I sadly decided to be brave too late for me to be able to get out before it was time to set up for the green (novice) group exercises.

We screwed up on the spacing for the slalom and it was so tight you could barely get a car around the cones. Sadly someone remembered the wrong # of strides and we blindly went with it. The first car going through it looked absolutely hilarious trying to make the turns. I was hoping MacDaddy would be next and take the elise through them, but he was a lot further down in the queue and needed to get it moving.

The afternoon brought back the sun and more great weather. By now I had started to get a lot more comfortable with the car and was absolutely loving it. I can't tell you how much fun it is to just have shown up with my stock tires, on stock brakes and just drive. No drama, no issues, just pure heaven on track.

Since we're a non-profit and make nothing on these events, I'll say that if you haven't gone to the track with your Lotus, you're so missing out. Our next event is in October. I hope to see a few more of you in the paddock.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Nova S4, I thank you for putting on the event and inviting me. I had an awesome time as it was my 1st track day. I will definitely be coming back for more. It was well run, even with the larger green group running.

I did go thru the slalom once, I know I hit 2 cones, but I didn't think it was that bad or tight.

And come on, the rain was fun. It definitely spiced it up.

So, let get some more Loti up at your next event in October.

Also, I'm surprised at how well my car held in the corners. Granted I had newer R888's on and I'm a newbie, but it's just amazing. Drive, show up, and you're good to go. ie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts