The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I won't be able to race this Sunday or at Conefest.

Saturday I developed a detached retina, which was repaired the next day. The result is I basically can't do anything to speak of for a while. I'm off work this week and maybe next until the vision in my left eye returns. After that, what I can do depends on the healing process.

I wish everyone well and best of luck as the season winds down.

·
Registered
118 Posts
<Untasteful Joke>Your mom told you you'd go blind</untasteful joke>

Seriously, I hope to see you racing again real soon.

Think about it though, ain't modern medicine great.

Jay W
505/287 Dakota

·
Registered
7 Posts
Arrrgh, matey! Do you get an eye patch? You'll be the coolest injured guy in the neighborhood come Halloween! You know, I could drive your car for you if you're worried about it sitting in the garage ;)

But seriously, feel better and gets lots of rest :) See you soon!

Please be sure to keep us posted on any changes in your condition... Your eye that is.

- TJ

·
Registered
113 Posts
Bob Bob Bob......

Why didn't you consult the drag racer on the list before you jumped into that Top Fuel Dragster and yanked on the parachute handle at 325mph????

You have to "drive" into the chutes or it will detach your retinas every time!!!! What a ROOKIE!!!! :rolleyes:

Hope you get better real fast.

-STE

·
Member # 16
180 Posts
Well at least it's fixed Bob. I guess that might be a clue that you shouldn't get a turbo for your car anytime soon.... it wouldn't be good to re-unattach that retina. Hopefully it'll heal up by Buttonwillow.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, everyone!

Two months of not having to mow the lawn is a plus, but it doesn't make up for no racing, no worrking the car or the house. :(

The surgery took all of about 15 minutes and has a 90% success rate. A helluva lot better than what my dad went through in the '30s, which didn't end up working.

No eye patch, I'm afraid, even if tomorrow is "Talk Like a Pirate Day" according to Dave Berry. ;)

TJ, you can drive my car. You could even swap wheels with Serge. I'm sure he wouldn't want you to race on anything less than the Volk/Ecsta setup. :D

Good luck to everyone this Sunday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts