The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new-to-me 2005 Elise. HVAC seemed to be working OK ... until this morning, when I went on a 600-mile drive. Outside temp was around 57F this morning. It was getting warm in the cockpit, so I turned the fan on. The air coming out of the vent was warmer than ambient air. Temperature knob seemed to have no effect. The air seemed to get a little colder when the A/C was turned on, but not much. No big deal, I just lowered a window. This evening, the outside temperature was 45F and I wanted a little warmth in the cockpit. No joy. The air felt like it was in the lower 40s/upper 30s. I have big feet, so I must drive barefoot. The aluminum was quite cold.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the rapid reply!

Well, I turned the car on. The fan seems to be working in all positions. Now what?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Now you search for it on the forum.. probably not the first time this happened to someone.

·
not your dad's puns
1,765 Posts
Gee! Why didn't I think of that? Thanks! Who would've thought?
^ how charming, you really know how to ask for help.

Did you really mean you went for a "600mi morning drive"? Do you know the history of the Elise, i.e. perhaps it's had some of the common HVAC mods already done to it, and this is a related issue. What temps do you see on the dash? Maybe a stuck thermo, never allowing the core to warm up?

Oh and here's a start on the search, since I'm not certain that was sarcasm.

Let me google that for you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts