The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
S4s
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was screwing around (literally) with the relays in the front of the car (not the ABS ones). The relay socket connectors are connected to the support rail with a single Philips screw. I tightened a couple of loose ones and put the relays back in. I started up the car tonight and couldn't figure out why my headlight pods were not working and there were no dash gauge lights. I immediately went to the front of the car to check my relays. I think I recognized that the color of the relays were not in the right position (maybe someone know if the colors are in the right place). So I swapped the relays around (while the car was running in the dark ?) and the headlight pods started working, but still no gauge lights. I've dug through the manual and I am not sure what relays would affect all of the instrument cluster lighting. I also checked to see if the illumination/brightness dial was accidentally turned all the way down and it didn't matter which direction I turned it, still no lights. I checked all of the fuses at the front fuse box and on the rail. I'm wondering if I blew a relay or something, but I don't know which relay or fuse I should focus my attention on and possibly replace.

Here are some diagrams of what I have.

On a side note, I don't know what items "A - Bridging Link" & "L - Low fuel tell tale" are for exactly, but I can see I am missing those relays.

Attachments

·
Registered
810 Posts
I think it is K - Panel Lamps and Rheostat module.

Try thumping it with your finger, I have several sketchy relays - both of mine are head light related and some times I can thump them to work for a bit.

This guy is my hero - I see he has discussion on the rheostat module - should have a hack you can check.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts