The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have just finished fitting this prototype exige scoop mount that does not require drilling the body.this has been a very difficult thing to come up with.its not complete yet.but fits and works very well.the brackets are both .050 aluminum.i am going to drill a lot of lighting holes in them too.both to lighten them and for airflow through the back one.the front bracket does not block the airstream like the exige one does.these will be laser cut are offered for sale soon.as i was building this mount.i seen the wider version was offered.i could also offer a mount for them.so you could use the wider ones on the elise too.

kevin P3180005.JPG

P3180006.JPG

P3180002.JPG

P3180001.JPG

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Looks very nice...:up:

One question... doesn't the rear bracket block some of the clam aperture (where the cross section is smaller than where the stock Exige bracket is)?

EDIT: I see you've said you're going to cut lightening holes... that would certainly help...

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks very nice...:up:

One question... doesn't the rear bracket block some of the clam aperture (where the cross section is smaller than where the stock Exige bracket is)?
you mean does it block airflow?its getting lightning holes drilled in it.7/8 or 1 inch.should allow good air flow through there.i might trim it down skinnier there in the middle instead.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Great idea! I will be staying tuned.

·
Registered
378 Posts
In for good idea. Have been looking at adding side scoops, but didn't want to drill holes. I will be watching this closely.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the replies.this part has been a real headache to come up with:crazyeyes.i will post more info when im closer to laser cutting some production pieces.

kevin

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Interested in the large scoop version. :D

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
How are the brackets attached? Are you bolting them to some existing holes?

If not, are you clipping or clamping them in somehow?

If not bolted or screwed, have you tested to make sure they won't get yanked out at 100 mph?

Nice work.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How are the brackets attached? Are you bolting them to some existing holes?

If not, are you clipping or clamping them in somehow?

If not bolted or screwed, have you tested to make sure they won't get yanked out at 100 mph?

Nice work.
yea they are clamped in bottom and top.its pretty sturdy.the rear mount is bolted in two locations.i will also do the 100 mph+ test to be sure.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Fantastic!!!

If you ever need any graphics, shirts, signage, etc etc etc and want to trade I'll definitely take a set.

Let me know the price when you are good to go on them. I'm in no hurry at all, but done this way I'd be willing to put scoops on some time down the road.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Fantastic!!!

If you ever need any graphics, shirts, signage, etc etc etc and want to trade I'll definitely take a set.

Let me know the price when you are good to go on them. I'm in no hurry at all, but done this way I'd be willing to put scoops on some time down the road.
i might take you up on that offer.i have seen some of your stuff and it looks really good.these should be available fairly soon.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
i might take you up on that offer.i have seen some of your stuff and it looks really good.these should be available fairly soon.
:) awesome.
My best stuff isn't even up on my website. I have several hundred pics to add if I ever get caught up. I also have a whole mess of Piloti shoes that I got a wholesale lot of I'm going to be blowing out soon for ridiculously good prices. I'm just trying to add other stuff to my new webstore before I link my site to it.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:) awesome.
My best stuff isn't even up on my website. I have several hundred pics to add if I ever get caught up. I also have a whole mess of Piloti shoes that I got a wholesale lot of I'm going to be blowing out soon for ridiculously good prices. I'm just trying to add other stuff to my new webstore before I link my site to it.
sounds good.i think i might have a hard time picking something.i have been thinking about doing some vinyl on my car.i like the look of the sector 111 exige with the chrome orange on the polar blue.i could always use a new pair of shoes too:nanner2:

1 - 20 of 69 Posts