The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which exhaust for the 2007+ Lotus exige has no drone?

I'm looking at these exhaust
Larini SE
Arquay Dual Tip
BOE quarter-stick
sector111 trackPipe

mostly interested in the BOE Quarter stick due to the fact that you can rebuild it
but after a lot of research i found that some people have drone with the boe
same with larini and arquay..
but the companies all claim there is NO drone

cant find much information for the sector111 trackpipe but its stated to have no drone as well...

I daily my car
and need to drive 180 - 250 miles to and from track so i dont want drone..

I have track pack and touring pack (not sure if it makes a difference)
please help me out

thank you

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
I've owned quite a few over the years and the 2Bular is the first to live up to the "No Drone" claim. Looks like you want a loud one. PM the user on here named "ME!" to ask about his 6" 2Bular. That's loud and he can tell you about the drone.

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
I have the "Larini Sport Side Exit 8 Inch" that Sector111 sells and have not noticed any drone in as long as I've had it. It is similar in look to the "track pipe" and I have been really happy with the quality.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if it makes any differences
i prefer to have the above diffuser look

I've owned quite a few over the years and the 2Bular is the first to live up to the "No Drone" claim. Looks like you want a loud one. PM the user on here named "ME!" to ask about his 6" 2Bular. That's loud and he can tell you about the drone.

can you tell me what exhausts you've had over the years?
how much are 2bular's usually?

·
Registered
246 Posts
2bular 6"x18" above diffuser exhaust here. No drone, but it is loud. I wear earplugs on long drives. It does pass 103 db sound at Infineon and Thunderhill on WOT.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Raptor Exhaust has no drone either. But it is virtually impossible to find one for sale :)

·
Registered
605 Posts
2bular Lotus Performance Exhausts

Email them with your wishes and Jim will respond with a recommendation. He's super nice, very knowledgable, and treats his customers well.

I was hesitant of the overseas shipment but it turned out to be completely transparent to me and very fast. Good luck.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2bular Lotus Performance Exhausts

Email them with your wishes and Jim will respond with a recommendation. He's super nice, very knowledgable, and treats his customers well.

I was hesitant of the overseas shipment but it turned out to be completely transparent to me and very fast. Good luck.
i emailed jim
no reply for a week, hes most likely really busy

I read that the 2bular 6x18 gt3 exhaust doesnt drone for some but drones for others
hence why i want to ask

how about the larini 6' ? and the boe quarter stick?

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
And an updated silent touch, those are from BlackWatchRacing.com . They have the distinction of being repackable/rebuildable. I am running PPE headers, decat and Silent touch exhaust, I like the sound. But then, I like a more race-car sound, versus sounding like a camry.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i thought about the silent touch, but its not in my options because i knew it would be too quiet
same as the 2bular 8"

hence why i want to ask if the quarter stick drones or not.. i've read mixed reviews so its not really helping with my decision

also noticed that some people pull out the heatshield completely when installing a above diffuser exhaust while some cuts the heatshield

does this affect drone?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts