The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came across thsi little tidbit of information. :huh:

Does Lotus not understand that nothing beats a good demonstration? Hopefully the factory will cut some of these mules loose for the general public to flog well before then.

:cool:

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Having driven a few kind-of-pre-production S2 Elise at the Lotus driver training I would think that Lotus does not want to put that kind of car in the hands of people unaccustomed to such vehicles. Posters on LotusTalk are critical of pretty much everything. Very little good would come of it.

:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
FWIW, Audi did the same thing prior to offering the R8 in the U.S.--there were just a few "traveling" show cars that went to various dealers for brief displays but they could only be driven by designated factory reps--no rides for (or test drives by) potential customers were permitted.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Makes perfect sense for a number of reasons.

All it takes is one bonehead with a heavy foot looking to "see what this thing'll do", and presto - test mule car ends up in a ditch or worse. = test over.

So yah, if i was Lotus, I'd wanna keep these cars out of the consumers hands as well.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good Lord can you even imagine that amigo?

Makes perfect sense for a number of reasons.

All it takes is one bonehead with a heavy foot looking to "see what this thing'll do", and presto - test mule car ends up in a ditch or worse. = test over.

So yah, if i was Lotus, I'd wanna keep these cars out of the consumers hands as well.
NO ONE allows the customers to drive a brand new vehicle just released to the public. The Buzzbomb had no "test cars" to drive. Hell... even the Mazda RX-7 way back when did not allow potential buyers to take her for a spin!

Curious as to why some dealers are promoting Evora test drives though.

:huh:

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bet you a buck compadre...

These are pre-production cars so I'm not surprised... You usually test drive when the car is for sale, not before.
... that hardly ANY test drives of the Evora will be allowed for potential customers just before the car is imported here for sale. -eek-

1 - 9 of 9 Posts