The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

My radiator fans don't come on when the car heats up, haven't since I've had the car.

If I jumper the diagnostic port on the ECU they run.

I hooked up Espritmon and watched as the (ECU) coolant temp sensor went past 100 C, no fans. For some reason, the "code 26" buttons in Espritmon are disabled so I couldn't try activating them that way. I do have an intermittent code 26 QDMB.

My AC has a leak but if I bypass the low-pressure switch and turn the AC on, the compressor runs and the fans kick on. I also get a little puddle of AC oil near the LEFT front wheel, but that's another topic. :(

I'm leaning toward a problem with the ECU since the fans activate by every other expected means and the coolant sensor seems to be ok.

I do have an unknown non-stock MemCal installed by the PO, seems like I would see lots of other problems if it was corrupted/faulty tho. The only other issue is a rough idle, worse when cold but still not very smooth when warm.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Bob.

I figured it was OK since they worked with the diagnostic jumper. Is there more than one way to activate them? I know there is one relay on the rear panel and one on the front one but it looks like they are in series.

In any case, I noticed on the way home that they are working now. :confused:

I'll keep an eye on them and report back if I see they quit again. Nothing worse than an intermittent problem. :shrug:

·
Registered
293 Posts
It is the ecu controlled one in the rear you need to check as the front one seems to be working (as indicated by the fans coming on when you bypassed the A/C low pressure switch).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts