The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i live in southwestern Indiana, and according to all the websites there isnt a Lotus dealer within 200 miles of me. the closest ones are in Chicago, Columbus, OH, and a place in Missouri.

what do i do if i would buy a Lotus and have problems? or warranty work? i wouldnt want to have to drive 4 hours just to get to a dealer.

anyone else have this problem? is there an answer?

Mike

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
i live in southwestern Indiana, and according to all the websites there isnt a Lotus dealer within 200 miles of me. the closest ones are in Chicago, Columbus, OH, and a place in Missouri.

what do i do if i would buy a Lotus and have problems? or warranty work? i wouldnt want to have to drive 4 hours just to get to a dealer.

Mike
Warranty work needs to be done by a dealer. Don't know any way around that.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Owning a lotus special and it's well worth a 4 hour drive. If there was a lotus dealership everywhere, then these cars would be as frequent as a honda civic. A lot of us have to travel far for warranty work, etc. I drive 8 hours one way.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Just buy one that's out of warranty...and work on it yourself! that's what I did.
:D

But no, if you have problems you likely won't have any luck in driving it 4 hrs...might need a trailer. :p I'm about 6 hrs away from nearest Dlr.
But that's of no concern to me.

·
Registered
192 Posts

Mike
I used to throw me Ferraris in a trailer and have them sent to Atlanta. Lambo went to buddy in Dallas for work, again in a trailer. Royal pain, but a necessary evil for our endeavors in excitement. Maybe it will never break. Just make sure you get the break in service done correctly and the printout sent to Lotus. After that, maybe do the services yourself. Luck to you.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The answer is you'd have to drive it the 200+ miles to get the dealership/warranty work on it.

if you decide to go with one that is no longer under the original factory warranty, remember that it is a Toyota engine... I always read about people saying that any toyota mechanic should be able to work on it - at least the engine (but you know how it goes with things you read on the internet, so I'd double check with your toyota dealership to see if they would be willing to work on it).

Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
Same here...in Buffalo NY. Closest dealers are 250 miles away. 3 of them.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Hey my name is T.J., i am the Lotus tech at Fox Valley Motorcars (FVMC) in Westmont, Il. If you have any problems give us a call we will do our best to try to make anything you need as painless as possible. We also have an inhouse transportation service (truck, inclosed trailer, and professional driver), with reasonable rates.
So if you ever need anything PM me here, e-mail me [email protected] or give John Nichols a call (my service advisor) 630-654-9000, and we will do all we can for you. :D

enjoy the car!!:shift:
T.J.
FVMC

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
The columbus dealer is terrible.

Just doa search for the work on this site compared to FVMC.

Fox valley in chicago is definitely the place you would need to go to.

I live in cincy and and drive the extra 2 hours to go to chicago instead of columbus. They are that much better.

·
Registered
198 Posts
The dealer in Vancouver sends their mechanic out for a week to do service on any cars that need it in Calgary and Edmonton. They set up shop in a shop in town that works with imports and handle it that way.

See if you can find out if there are a few owners in your city and if so, maybe you can arrange something like that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts