The Lotus Cars Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I'm looking to sell my Exige and hopefully pick up a new Evora. Currently has approx 38.8K miles on the clock and is in immaculate condition. It has never been tracked nor abused. Car is well maintained with all records on hand. Oil changed every 3k miles with Mobil1 5w-40 Turbo Diesel. Stays covered up and hooked on a battery tender when not in use. Never wrecked w/ a clean title. No check engine light, runs perfectly, pulls hard, and sounds amazing! Oil line recall done so you don't have to worry about it ever blowing out on you. VIN number will be provided to those that are interested.

Pros:
-Track Package
-Limited Slip Differential (rare)
-Blaupaunkt AUX Plug-in
-Ice cold A/C
-Stage II Exhaust
-Upgrade HID headlights
-Schroth Racing Harness
-Sector 111 Roll Bar
-Sector 111 Trunk Organizer
-Injen Intake
-New OEM coolant reservoir
-New spark plugs
-New brake pads
-Front mount tow hook
-GoPro Hero 3+ Camera (included)

Cons:
-Small spider crack in paint on the rear clam and another on top of the hatch where the strut meets. Supposedly common from all the vibrations. Hard to see it so it didn't bother me.
-When removing the old circle emblem in rear, it left some kind of imprint that's hard to remove.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will include 17 gallons of Mobil1 5w-40 Turbo Diesel (500 bucks worth of oil, pretty much lifetime oil change) in the deal as well so if you are planning to track the car, this is perfect. Also have a K20 motor w/ 29K miles, axles, and motor mounts (does not come w/ the car) on hand if you want to negotiate.

I also would like to mention that the car doesn't have any starshield, but it does have a 3M clear bra that you spray on. I wrote a long DIY and review about it. More information, details, and pics can be found here:

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f92/3m-clear-bra-paint-defender-spray-diy-review-187722/index2.html

Asking $39,500. I believe this is fair considering that these cars are in the appreciating market, the color white is a popular color among Lotuses, and it's getting harder and harder to find 06s that hasn't been wrecked. The car is not in my possession right now because I am away at school in another state, but it is located in Biloxi, MS so I will take more pictures when I head back sometime next week.

I am in no rush to sell it. I'll probably keep both the Evora and Exige if the car does not sell. Just want to see if anyone else is interested in picking up this beautiful gem. Doesn't hurt to shoot me a PM if you are interested, we could possible work something out. Shoot me a text at: Two Too Eight - Eight zero 6, 67 one seven.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Edited a couple of things. Won't be finalized until I get home in 2 hrs lol. I'm doing all of this via iPhone.

Registered
Why does the car have a lotus logo in some pictures but the lotus lettering in others. Did the car get rear end damage that required it to be repainted?

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Why does the car have a lotus logo in some pictures but the lotus lettering in others. Did the car get rear end damage that required it to be repainted?
That's just the emblem. It was originally that circle emblem but I swapped it for the raised LOTUS to give it that more OEM look. I still have the old emblem in the car as well if you prefer that over the raised letters.

I purchased car from the Ferrari dealer up in MI and they stated that it was never in any kind of accident. Title is clean obviously with no reports. It might of been repainted in the past considering that it left some kind of imprint when taking off the old emblem for the raised letters... Then again it was stuck on there pretty hard and it seem to took some clearcoat with it trying to pry it off hence the reason why I said it left some kind of imprint.

I'm currently in school right now so I'll be going back home this Wednesday for July 4 holiday and I'll take more pics of it and the interior. The only reason I'm selling it is because I'm searching for something with a little more luxury to it hence the reason I'm looking at Evoras. I bought the car for leisure purpose, not for racing. I didn't mind it at first, but its kind of inconvenient getting in and out of the car and long drives.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys,

It was brought to my attention and I feel that I should mention this info anyways. Although I stated that the car have never been tracked, I did attend a small auto event and did ran a 5 min learning session there. It was my one and only time just to get an idea of what my car can do. I wasn't able to push the car to its limit, but I did have a good laugh out of it. I don't know if you would consider that as track, nevertheless... I still want you guys to know that bit of detail.

I'm heading back home tonight so I'll post tons of pics! Check back later tonight or tomorrow morning!

Registered
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
A few things I would like to add:
- correct mileage as of 7/4/14 - 39,373
- lightweight odyssey battery
- Fujita Intake, not injen. Don't know how I got the two names mixed up
- light scuff mark on the side alum wall
- side door panels originally silver so I plastidip them black. Easily reversible
- light rock chips underneath the bra (first 3 weeks driving w/ no bra on before applying the 3M spray on)
- some flaws on the bra because I suck at spraying (ref back up top via link for details)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.