The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PROBLEM SOLVED THANKS TO Serebo1 and Lotus Beverly Hills

Hi all,

This is shot in the dark but maybe someone can help. We have a Lotus Exige scheduled to be delivered to Inside Line magazine today, Sunday June 1 at 4pm. We just discovered that the rear towlink inner rod end is completely worn out.
None of the 3 dealers in LA area has access to their parts departments today.

Does anyone know where I could find a new or used part? today?

I can be reached at 415-552-8199

best,
Robert
SECANT Vehicle Engineering

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
If you tell the dealers you're doing a feature for TV/Internet on the Lotus, i'm sure they could open up the parts department for ya.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Service is sometimes open Sundays at Lotus of BH. You can PM Serebo1 who probably has the service managers cell phone #

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Service is sometimes open Sundays at Lotus of BH. You can PM Serebof1 who probably has the service managers cell phone #
I'm on it - trying to get a hold of him...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi everyone,

Thanks very much for responding on such short notice. It looks like we've solved our problem and will be able to fix and deliver the car to the folks at Inside Line.

Again, a big thanks to the SoCal Lotus community.

Best,
Robert

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
A Big Thank You to Serebo1 and Lotus Beverly Hills!

Here's a quick update to yesterday's post:

Thanks to Serebo1 and Allen Strommer at Lotus Beverly Hills for coming through for us yesterday.

Serebo1 responded to our post and contacted Allen. Allen had the parts in stock and without hesitation agreed to help - He opened up his shop on a Sunday evening to intall the new tow links and get us on our way to Inside Line magazine.

The SECANT Team is very appreciative that he went out of his way to help us on his day off.

:bow:

Best,
Robert

Hi everyone,

Thanks very much for responding on such short notice. It looks like we've solved our problem and will be able to fix and deliver the car to the folks at Inside Line.

Again, a big thanks to the SoCal Lotus community.

Best,
Robert

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Here's a quick update to yesterday's post:

Thanks to Serebo1 and Allen Strommer at Lotus Beverly Hills for coming through for us yesterday.

Serebo1 responded to our post and contacted Allen. Allen agreed to help without hesitation and opened up his shop on a Sunday evening to intall the new tow links and help get us on our way to Inside Line magazine.

The SECANT Team is very appreciative that he went out of his way on his day off to help us.

:bow:

Best,
Robert
Yes, Alan and Allen are both very helpful guys to know!

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Glad to help, Robert, but all props to Allen, who as usual showed his character, love for the brand, and commitment to customer service (especially where safety was involved) by rolling out on a Sunday. :bow:

Gotta say how impressed I was with the car. The install looks OEM, the car pulls like crazy, and runs smooth as a whistle. That header is a work of art. I'll look forward to seeing the mag numbers. After speaking with your engine and suspension guys while Allen was rescuing the toe links, I was also thoroughly impressed with their (as well as your) commitment to the Lotus philosophy. Very cool. :up:

·
Registered
7,002 Posts

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Gotta say how impressed I was with the car. The install looks OEM, the car pulls like crazy, and runs smooth as a whistle. That header is a work of art. I'll look forward to seeing the mag numbers. After speaking with your engine and suspension guys while Allen was rescuing the toe links, I was also thoroughly impressed with their (as well as your) commitment to the Lotus philosophy. Very cool. :up:
:clap: Suprised no one here has had a conversion done (or have they?)

·
Registered
740 Posts
:clap: Suprised no one here has had a conversion done (or have they?)
Maybe when the first Lt-er does it and posts good reviews, more conversions will follow.
Untill then, $19K is something that most people do not carry in their wallets everyday. You really really need to be into the Lotus and aiming for a lot of engine power to spend that kind of money, when compared to the $7K of SC-ing your 2ZZ Toyota engine with also good (but less) power. So the market I think is not that big.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Maybe when the first Lt-er does it and posts good reviews, more conversions will follow.
Untill then, $19K is something that most people do not carry in their wallets everyday. You really really need to be into the Lotus and aiming for a lot of engine power to spend that kind of money, when compared to the $7K of SC-ing your 2ZZ Toyota engine with also good (but less) power. So the market I think is not that big.

No LT member has ordered the conversion. yet

1 - 20 of 20 Posts