The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, he's my favorite driver. I really wish he would stay but that's not going to happen.

I wonder what's going to happen to F1 with the new rules. Hopefully it'll still be awesome. At least there was a race for the Championship this year.


Bye Bye JPM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Lotus Fury said:
Man, he's my favorite driver. I really wish he would stay but that's not going to happen.

I wonder what's going to happen to F1 with the new rules. Hopefully it'll still be awesome. At least there was a race for the Championship this year.


Bye Bye JPM
Wouldn't it be Bye Bye DC? Frankly, he just didn't have it in him last year. I'm not going to miss him too much. Never held a candle to either of the Finns.

Maybe Williams can pick up Jos :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not much of a Coultard fan. He's a great driver but he seems to have lost a little bit of the fire that he used to have. He started out last season really well, but, obviously he didn't finish as well as he started.

JPM is just nuts. He drives like a madman. He's great to watch even if he ends up destroying the car. Schumi's way too mechanical any more unless he's pushing hard to catch up.

Yeah, what's up with the Finnish drivers? Must be something in the water...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,270 Posts
Re: Re: NO!!!! Montoya is gone!!!

jahwerx said:
Wouldn't it be Bye Bye DC? Frankly, he just didn't have it in him last year. I'm not going to miss him too much. Never held a candle to either of the Finns.

Maybe Williams can pick up Jos :D
Ditto DC never got the support from McLaren he needed, even when Hakinnen was tanking and DC was winning they still backed Hakinnen.
Oh man, give Jos the Boss a good car and he'll really mix the middle of the pack. It could be a good year, if Renault finds another 20-30 horsies they'll have a demon of a car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Re: Re: Re: NO!!!! Montoya is gone!!!

babak said:
Ditto DC never got the support from McLaren he needed, even when Hakinnen was tanking and DC was winning they still backed Hakinnen.
Oh man, give Jos the Boss a good car and he'll really mix the middle of the pack. It could be a good year, if Renault finds another 20-30 horsies they'll have a demon of a car.
I couldn't agree more - Renault was by FAR the most improved team and I'm really hoping that Flavio can take that next step become an "A" team next year. What a phenomenal coup that would be .... and to think all those years and dollars BAR had for the same opportunity.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,270 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: NO!!!! Montoya is gone!!!

jahwerx said:
I couldn't agree more - Renault was by FAR the most improved team and I'm really hoping that Flavio can take that next step become an "A" team next year. What a phenomenal coup that would be .... and to think all those years and dollars BAR had for the same opportunity.
What I like is how the mid pack is tightening up. If you consider Ferrari, Williams and McLaren to be the dominant houses, the middle (everybody but Minardi basically :) ) is very competitive to the point that they occasionally give the big boys a serious run for their money. With a few more seasons of experience Toyota should be able to mount a serious offensive for second row if not better, same for Jordy. Renault is still trying to recover from those years of leaving F1 right after D. Hill (man I miss watching him drive) won the championship.
As an aesthetic aside, the paint scheme on the Renault just simply rocked.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
JPM is my favorite drive, i think he has loads of skill in him.

He did the right thing by going over to Mclaren this would teach williams to stop being cheap.

I was reading the interview from england the day it happen it was a auto race car mag and it as something like 5pages about this. It turns out that the top 3 reasons he's leaving is.

1. Money Mclaren is going to pay 2.5million more than williams.
2. Egineers are williams favor Ralf.
3. New Mclaren chassi designed by the god father of F1 chassi design is making magic for next year with the version 19.

I think with Kimi and JPM Mclaren has the sweetest set up. I hate Benz but Mclaren is a great company.

Shumi is winning but he' cant win forever...ferrari has over 800 group staff for working on the car. They should put a limit on it.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top