The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Awwww c'mon Mike-

Get the Elise tire chains and ski rack from Shinoo :D

The SELOC boys drive their cars all year 'round....

For a true Chicagoan, this is only a little moisture :D

Tom

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Allan Gibbs said:
I'll be going up to Wisconsin (about an hour from the UP of Michigan) a few times to go snowmobiling and snowboarding this winter... but that still leaves a lot of boredom in between.

It's just depressing that yesterday was probably the last chance I had to drive the Elise until spring. The salt trucks are already out in full force :(

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
>I hate Chicago.
I like the city, and miss snow, but I sure do HATE your roads. I-80 south of Chicago was The Worst highway I've ever driven in the US. I have only one reason for regreting driving my Elise across country and that was my encounter with the Chicago area. There was one particular section with about 10 potholes per 100 ft'. I couldn't avoid them all and was sure I had destroyed the suspension.

-doma

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thillIX said:
For a true Chicagoan, this is only a little moisture :D
True...

I just don't see driving through the "oh ****, white stuff on the street!!!! better speed up and run my car into a ditch for no reason!!!" traffic as being worth subjecting my Elise to the salt for.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
We don't have those problems out here:D

It is a bit cold but sunny today, 68F:p

Move to Cali if you don't like the snow.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I remember the section of road you're referring to, doma.

Being from Chicago originally, I can vouch for how awful that section of I-80 is. I think it's also called the Borman Expressway; it's where several cross-country truck routes converge. In short, a real nightmare.

Sorry to digress, but I thought I was the only one who was horrified by this...

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Goose said:
I remember the section of road you're referring to, doma.

Being from Chicago originally, I can vouch for how awful that section of I-80 is. I think it's also called the Borman Expressway; it's where several cross-country truck routes converge. In short, a real nightmare.

Sorry to digress, but I thought I was the only one who was horrified by this...
In Illinois, we only do road construction on roads that don't need it.

:rolleyes:

·
Banned
270 Posts
Screw California, if you really don't like the snow move to Hawaii, and if you like to ski, give Mauna Kea a shot.

Aloha,
Thomas Praetzel
Have to go drive now, 400 something to go

·
Registered
263 Posts
Screw California? Whyever for? Its not that chilly here in Northern Cal. I'm going to BBQ my turkey tomorrow. I'm sure it's positively radiant in Lo Cal.

Also, there isn't a shortage of roads -- I can get in my car and drive to another continent, if I so choose. ;)

·
Banned
270 Posts
Oh yea Dana? Hell, I can drive to Wailuku, or Napili, or past Napili to Kapalua, or to Haleakala, or maybe even Hana and back to Kihei, and still have all kinds of time to spare, depending on who's 50 cars in front of me, so there! I know you're jealous. God I miss Highway 1, 92 and I believe it's 84 through La Honda, am actually looking at property around San Gregorio.

Aloha,
Thomas Praetzel
Happy Thanksgiving

·
Supporting Vendor
4,440 Posts
Bored? Finish that song of yours that I like! Eat some Gyros - cuz the Windy City got the best ones...go to WaxTrax and pick up some vinyl for me and we can talk about trading it for some CF...;)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Curious thread for me. I grew up near Chicago (Woodstock). I am working on Mauna Kea right now and it just started snowing! :huh:

·
Banned
270 Posts
Paul, you guys get the fringe of that storm? I've done work up at Halaeakala in the past, when the weather goes bad, it definitely goes bad.

Aloha,
Thomas Praetzel

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
shinoo said:
Bored? Finish that song of yours that I like! Eat some Gyros - cuz the Windy City got the best ones...go to WaxTrax and pick up some vinyl for me and we can talk about trading it for some CF...;)
I'm going Friday after work to pick up a new firewire audio interface, so more tracks and reworked versions of old tracks will be on the way soon. I also picked up the Logic 7 upgrade on Sunday - lots of new features which should improve the general quality of my tracks :)

We do have good gyros... if you're ever out here, drop me a line and I'll take you to my favorite place (and it's 10x better if you end up taking a cab or limo there while intoxicated at 2am :p).

Haven't been to WaxTrax in a long time... though that does sound like a good idea now that you've reminded me of it's existance.

I'll trade you 2 records for a KMS exhaust... deal? ;)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
thillIX said:

The SELOC boys drive their cars all year 'round....

Tom
ROFLMAO. Have you ever been in London when it has snowed. :D :D :D
Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING stops (even the trains). Winter is normally just like summer but just 30F colder :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts