1) The Elise

2) Hot chicks
2a)Elise

3) Spicy food...
3a)Elise

4) Supply and demand
4a)Elise
Chris

83 thread hits and one reply...?!? This is definately not the crew I thought it was... :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
compulsive reading...

Many of us use the handy "check unread posts" function of the forum... so that unfortunately you end up reading everything, better of worse... this post was in my "WTF?" bin.... under the old S CLemens paraphrase that " you are better off keeping your mouth shut and having others wonder if you are fool, to opening it and confirming their opinion."

This thread should never have left the floor, and worse, here I am responding to it. Blech. Hopefully, this will end it, leaving other, moreuseful messages, to appear in the "New messages" stuff.

J

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
While light-hearted in nature, the entire thread is intended to poke fun at the idealogies of those of us who take the "Supply and Demand" issue very seriously. The context of the "Supply and Demand" item (adjacent to a list of frivolous, fun things) implies that those who have a problem with it are somehow abnormal or nefarious.

·
Registered
27 Posts
see?

See? I shouldn't have opned my clapper.

Nonetheless, there are probably many of us silent types whose eyes glaze over and whose cursors accelerate over the ideological rantings, at either end of the spectrum... since we are all here together twiddling our (mostly) opposable thumbs until the Elise FINALLY gets here... at which point many of these rants will evaporate (somewhat like idle military personel... always B--in' and moanin'... until the **** hits the fan).

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Chris,

You're absolutely right. Unfortunately, I've been admonished by the administrator of www.philosophyforums.com for being a trouble-maker, so I'm not posting there much anymore. Bet you didn't see that one coming, now did ya !!!?

:p

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
They didn't BAN me, per se. The admin gave me a final warning (kinda funny, because it was my ONLY warning) for breaking the code of conduct with an ad hominem attack on another member.

The REAL irony is that I'm the one who pointed it out to him. No one noticed the attack when I did it - but I brought it up to them in a later argument. Check it out, it's worth a chuckle :D http://forums.philosophyforums.com/showpost.php?p=104479&postcount=36

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Eddie Haskell said:
...check in only if you love:

1) The Elise

2) Hot chicks

3) Supply and demand

and

4) Spicy food...

;)
I'm all for it.

Not loving spicy food so much at the moment though... had some HOT wings for lunch and still can't seem to shake the heartburn ;)

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
xxxotic said:
I demand a supply of hot spicy chicks and an Elise:D
The Elise you'll just have to suffer along with the rest of us. I'll give you a literal satisfaction for the other request as follows:

1 whole chick[en], take skin off
boil/pressure cook with diced onions, salt/pepper
take remnant skin, fat and bone off, leave the meat pieces as large as possible.
take 2/3 of the broth, dice a few stalks of celery in it
Add chicken with some curry powder to taste, add pepper for heat.
Whip in a small can of tomato paste to thicken the broth (once it's come to a simmer), to take the edge of bitterness of the curry powder and to change the yellow of curry to a nice CO hue.
Serve over steamed rice with saffron sprinkles.
ps. if it gets to thick add more broth (from the saved 1/3) and if too thin just simme a bit more but don't boil it.
cheers,

1 - 15 of 15 Posts