The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Prior to yesterday I always had the usual shifter play in neutral. As of yesterday the shifter seems to be semi-stuck in one position as if it is not oiled properly and 2nd to 3rd shifts have to be very very deliberate so not to engage the 1st.

Has this happened to anybody and if so what was the fix.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Dealer

And if you are going to use the dealer in Sacramento, do it quick. It's going to close real soon.

Jose

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I might open it up today and take a peek for something really obvious. Otherwise, its off to the dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I had just the opposite happen today when my shift cable broke, you cant get very far when it wont go into gear.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I had that problem and shifter cable needed to be replaced - dealer informed me that I must have abused the car and I got inot quite a fight over that with Lotus

·
Registered
229 Posts
Shift Cables

CountTracula said:
Prior to yesterday I always had the usual shifter play in neutral. As of yesterday the shifter seems to be semi-stuck in one position as if it is not oiled properly and 2nd to 3rd shifts have to be very very deliberate so not to engage the 1st.

Has this happened to anybody and if so what was the fix.

Thanks in advance!
Take it to a dealer, or try spray lubing the shift levers ( crossgate + gearselect) on top of the trans. If that fails, suspect a binding crossgate
cable, I have changed alot of them along with gearselect cables.I install improved heat shields on every track car I get my hands on. I have hign spec
cables that will be ready for track cars in 60 days.
Cheers,Don

·
Registered
71 Posts
While searching for this problem, I finally got to this thread. Same thing happen to me yesterday while tracking the car.

As I am in the process of changing the crossgate cable, any advice would be welcome.

Serge

·
Registered
159 Posts
i had the same prob - lotus pulled the crossgate cable out and soaked the thing in silicon lube ... seems to have fixed it ...

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have injected (under pressure) silcone lube in the crossgate cable. Put the cable back. Feel better but still stiff. Call the dealer and he recommend changing both cables.

They must have seen this before. I will let you all know after the change.

Serge

·
Registered
71 Posts
Silicone lube help... but a new crossgate cable was needed.
The dealer had no issue with this problem. They change the cable and the transmission went back to normal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts