The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry....I have searched as much as possible...

Changed the fob battery....but the tiny red light *on the fob* does not light when pushing any buttons. It is just a broken/bad fob? Any tricks?

Thank you!!!

·
Premium Member
11,991 Posts
Did you test either battery w/voltmeter?

We are supposed to leave battery out for 10 seconds, but some ppl don't.

Check SirLotus threads/posts for more info.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I did. I tried 2 brand new batteries. Sir Lotus is a wonderful resource, but I have not been able to find anything on this. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
11,991 Posts
I'm assuming you checked these two:

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f32...ems-cobra-8186-elise-exige-6422-esprit-91145/

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f320/remote-key-fob-immobilizer-misc-alarm-programming-70940/

from the first:

REMOTE KEY FOB RESYNCHRONIZATION - WHEN EXISTING REMOTE CEASES TO WORK
1) Remove battery & wait 10 seconds before re-installing (re-sync can fail if this step is missed)
2) Hold down both buttons (LED will light) for approx.10 seconds until LED turns off.
3) Release both buttons and LED will turn on constantly.
4) Press large button for one second, LED will flash…re-sync complete

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have read up on these procedures. The problem is I have no LED lighting up on the key fob. I cannot do any synch or anything else if pushing the buttons does not light up the LED. It's as if the battery is dead...but I tried 2 new ones, so I was hoping there was some trick to this.

·
Premium Member
11,991 Posts
I thought you had.

But, have you put the batteries in upside down? (I don't even know if that's possible.)

IIRC, you can press on the battery cage vs. the fob buttons. Try that to eliminate two factors.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good ideas...neither has any affect. I thought maybe the LED was just 'burned out', but that seems unlikely and should still transmit signals. It's just dead. sigh....I can't drive my car!!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow...all of a sudden, it started working. i cleaned the contacts, but that initially had no affect, I just kept messing around and it just started working. Hmmm....

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
I was going to tell you to clean the contact. I have had that issue at some point in time on both of mine. I just turned off the auto alarm. That thing drove me nuts.

·
Premium Member
11,991 Posts
I was going to tell you to clean the contact. I have had that issue at some point in time on both of mine. I just turned off the auto alarm. That thing drove me nuts.
Me too.

Mixture of alcohol and lemon juice.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool. Now to figure out how to get it started. LOL....as soon as I get my PIN (previous owner did not have it) I am changing the system to active arm only....this is silly.

Now the red light on the Tach...which is normally blinking all the time...is not blinking. I re-synched the fob according to the procedure, but pushing the small button now turns on the blinking tach light. But does the car does not start. sigh. Thanks for all your help!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts