The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my Elise with Touring pack yesterday. It came with the Blaupunkt Acapulco stereo that does MP3s, but doesn't have an SD slot. :(

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
That's strange. Talk to your dealer. That's not what you were promised. The touring pack should come with the LA radio.

BTW: which model of Acapulco is it? The MP54 looks much better than the LA72

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Sorry to hear that also.

Lotus probably has their butt covered with the "specifications subject to change without notice" clause. Unfortunately, these kinds of things are very typical for Lotus. Because they're so small, they buy whatever they can get their hands on. The result, as we've seen, are minor variations (your stereo, the change to painted sport pack wheels, etc) to the car over a given model year.

I'm not trying to defend them, just helping to explain how this may have happened.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
James A said:
****, you got your car! We need to have a Dragon's Tail run with Dan and Chris. Let's get together soon.
Jim
Sounds good. I might even be up for a run tomorrow (11/28/04), but I won't be able to leave Atlanta until late morning.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I think I read the original touring model radio has been discontinued. That probably why they changed it.

Greg

·
Registered
31 Posts
The original Touring radio is the Los Angeles MP72. This radio is no longer listed on the Blaupunkt web site. My guess is that Lotus purchased a quantity of these radios. When these were gone they then purchased whatever they are using now.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
dantank said:
The original Touring radio is the Los Angeles MP72. This radio is no longer listed on the Blaupunkt web site. My guess is that Lotus purchased a quantity of these radios. When these were gone they then purchased whatever they are using now.
It's still available and retails for $580.

MP72

The Acapulco retails for $200 less. Looks like Lotus decided to save a few bucks. One thing it has going for it, it looks better, but doesn't have all the features of the LA.

MP54

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I didn't order the touring package but I got the LA radio. Go figure.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I thought part of the whole point of the Touring Package was you get a better radio. I know Lotus would like to save money, but sounds like you got jipped.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts