The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from works 2 in burbank ca looking for seats. Every seat we measured for they were to big. Im looking for a seat for daily driver and track use with a sub,Anything im mind that doesnt break the bank?:shrug:

·
Registered
349 Posts
seat options

I have PM'ed about the Tillett B-5 seat, which is newly installed in my Elise. Wonderfull seat. No sooner was it installed, than I bought another project car, and in order to raise some cash, I will be pulling it, and selling. Maverick will have first shot, but PM me if interested. It is the carbon fiber, alcantra covered version, with the EB-2 bracket mounts, that use stock Lotus sliders. Has 100 mi use. Cost new, with shipping from the UK, $1210. My price shipped in US, $1000. I'm 6-1, 175 lbs, 34/34 pants.

·
Registered
217 Posts
tomrev: PM'ed.

Has anyone heard from smitty (who is/was the importer of the Tillett seats)? I sent him email and PM and haven't heard from him.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Maverick. I never see you in Hollywood. I drive mine daily in that area. Where are you?

Attachments

·
Registered
591 Posts
do a seach for tall guy seats I fit a nice seat in the car.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dive mine as a daily as well!...I drive more on the studio city and burbank side. Also on ventura. But im also down in hollywood and Bev hills alot.:shift:

·
Registered
234 Posts
I've got a high back 16" width Kirkey kart seat left over from my Mini Cooper... I bet it would fit... but the high bolsters might make getting in and out of the car a little more challenging. FWIW - I'm 5' 11" and about 215 lbs.

I'll have the driver's seat out of the Elise this weekend. I'll drop it in and see if it works.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Speaking of height, the Bride can use rails that are adjustable in height as well so that if you are running out of space with a helmet on, you can set it lower. I should get the rails today myself so hopefully I can finish putting all that stuff in tonight.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Finally got to install the seat and... damn! it is narrow. Good thing I'm rather skinny because when they say 32" waist max, they are not kidding. Once I'm in the seat, I can't move. Too narrow perhaps, oh well, I'll see.

·
Registered
284 Posts
tomrev: PM'ed.

Has anyone heard from smitty (who is/was the importer of the Tillett seats)? I sent him email and PM and haven't heard from him.
He is rarely on here anymore since he sold his Exige. I will let him know you're looking for him.

·
Registered
217 Posts
'Nova - thanks, I did manage to get in touch with him. :up:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Took me a bit to get back to this one (sorry) - but I just test-fitted that Kirkey seat in the car. It fits!

I imagine the bolsters would make ingress and egress a little more challenging - but this might be an alternative seat idea. Might even be able to fit the stock seat rails with a little mild fabrication:

It's just sitting in there - not bolted in, but it looks to have good clearance even moved up a good bit before it interferes with the console and outside sill.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I have PM'ed about the Tillett B-5 seat, which is newly installed in my Elise. Wonderfull seat. No sooner was it installed, than I bought another project car, and in order to raise some cash, I will be pulling it, and selling. Maverick will have first shot, but PM me if interested. It is the carbon fiber, alcantra covered version, with the EB-2 bracket mounts, that use stock Lotus sliders. Has 100 mi use. Cost new, with shipping from the UK, $1210. My price shipped in US, $1000. I'm 6-1, 175 lbs, 34/34 pants.
Did you sell it?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts