The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,195 Posts
Nice car, but WTF $95k for a 3300 mile "kit car" when they're $79k new?! It's not like this thing will be collectible. I had my hopes up clicking the link... was thinking maybe price would be < 70k. :(

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Steve,
I think 1g quotes a price in the 80s for a typically completed car and of course how much goodies you put on it will drive it up even more.
That's why I'm kind of surprised by people comparing the two, I'll keep my elise, 3 year warrant, actual dealer network, and pocket the 30-40k.

Hasn't a hope of getting 95 k for it.

Chris

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
i'm going to look at the car today, i'll let you guys know what i think of it. In my estimation it is probably worth around 85.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Man that car is sweet. 95K though? Ouch. Although I would rather spend 95K on that than an NSX. There is an orange one for sale on DUpont Registry. Also 95K I believe.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sharp example! Considering the upgrades and the fact it is registered in CA mid 90's seems fine to me?? It is very easy to spend well over 100k for one of these.

Wouldn't be much fun if it you lost half your money in 6 months and 3000 miles.... The thing isn't even fully broken in yet...

·
Registered
74 Posts
transio said:
Nice car, but WTF $95k for a 3300 mile "kit car" when they're $79k new?! It's not like this thing will be collectible. I had my hopes up clicking the link... was thinking maybe price would be < 70k. :(
Did you notice all the extra work he's done on the car?

Quaife LSD's are not cheap in the slightest and that is not stock equipment.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Yep, but by most people perception it's still just a used kit car, rightly or wrongly, and only as good as the individuals that completed it. In my experience with caterhams it's all in how well it was executed, I've seen some butchered caterhams.

Chris

·
Registered
12,195 Posts
epinfren said:
Did you notice all the extra work he's done on the car? Quaife LSD's are not cheap in the slightest and that is not stock equipment.
Yeah, I didn't check out his list of upgrades. Oops. :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
offroadr35 said:
i'm going to look at the car today, i'll let you guys know what i think of it. In my estimation it is probably worth around 85.
so????

·
Registered
148 Posts
epinfren said:
Did you notice all the extra work he's done on the car?

Quaife LSD's are not cheap in the slightest and that is not stock equipment.
The Quaife ATB LSD is stock actually ;) Very nice it is too :)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I agree with Chris there are some butchered Caterhams out there. But then again there are some that win their catagory at places like the LOG 24 Concourse and then beat every Elise at the autocross, go figure.:D

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
You know those M5 owners they are into soft cushy rides, an M5 owner would never be able to tolerate a Lotus! And besides it is not ,, well, teutonic enough for an M5 owner.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts