The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Lotus Sales
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2006 Noble M400 finished in Silver with Black Alcantera interior. This flawless example has been driven just 7k miles since new and is in pristine condition inside and out. It has just been serviced and fitted with new tires. It is ready to go!!!! The M400 is a more refined variant of the widely acclaimed M12. As with all Nobles, it was designed to be a high-performance track car that is also road-legal. The M400 benefits from larger turbos with higher boost, a front anti-roll bar, stiffer springs, upgraded shocks, Yokohama AO48 tires, an upgraded gearbox, more supportive seats, and a narrower central tunnel. Power comes from a twin-turbocharged V6 engine, which produces 425HP and will run the M400 from 0-60mph in just 3.3 second, and from 0-100mph in just 7.8 seconds! Top speed is 185mph and the car will pull 1.4G’s on the skidpad! The M400 has been praised as one of the most incredible supercars ever built. When you factor in the low cost, it makes the Noble an absolute bargain! The owner of this car is picking up his new Porsche GT2 in just a few days and wants to sell it FAST and substantially below current retail value!!!!! Please call Mark Starr at 914 217-4817 with all realistic serious offers. First real money buys it!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!! ALL REASONABLE OFFERS CONSIDERED!!!!!

Attachments

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Must resist the force.....

hmm... how hard would it be to make this street legal?

·
Registered
891 Posts
Must resist the force.....

hmm... how hard would it be to make this street legal?
For california, it just requires the SA100 or something100 from the CA DMV that has to be applied for as soon as the DMV opens on jan 2nd I believe because they only give out a certain number of them. 200 if I remember correctly.

·
Lotus Sales
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It IS street legal!!!! Here anyway. It is currently registered and insured in CT and was also street legal in NY state. Hard to get done legally but this is is ready to go........

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
For california, it just requires the SA100 or something100 from the CA DMV that has to be applied for as soon as the DMV opens on jan 2nd I believe because they only give out a certain number of them. 200 if I remember correctly.
It would not matter if it was street legal in CT/NY right?

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
It would not matter if it was street legal in CT/NY right?

I was reading about this a while ago. If my vague memory serves me right, the issue with the DMV is getting an actual VIN for the vehicle; THOSE are given in limited quantities annually.

If it's already registered in NY/CT, it may already have a VIN, thereby making the registration process simpler.

The only question is if the CA DMV would adopt the current VIN or would need to administer their own...

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Exactly. For me, the value of the car as a street car I can track is much higher, than if it is a car I can't drive on the street until 2009.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
For the record--the special CA registration category that works for Nobles is SB100, and 500 new registration "sequence numbers" become available on the first working day of each new year. Those spots go pretty fast, in general, so you need to have all your paperwork in order and you have to get an early start that day. Current registration in another state doesn't really help that much since CA does not recognize the chassis/VIN numbering system from any other state :(. The only important number for the registration is the manufacturer's chassis number on the MSO documentation for the car. This number should be NUS0xxx, where xxx is the actual build number. BTW, the total number of Nobles that have been shipped to the U.S. is 220--and there will never be another one made!

·
Lotus Sales
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Joel,
This car is NUS 0143 by the way and it has a NYS replacement VIN. What would you estimate the current value at?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
You have a PM Mr. Starr.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Is that good for your health?-poke-:D

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I can elevate my heart rate by 30 beats by looking at the pics. That is a good thing. :)

Question is... would any sane person drive it from Connecticut to California?

1 - 20 of 130 Posts