The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Cyberdyne Model 101
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes non-spherical shift knobs for the 07 and up exige?

I've had my car about a year now and can't understand why they all seem to be spherical. Personally I'm not a an of the feel or the look. The closest I've come is the knob below which is offered by elise-parts.com. However this knob is for the k-series models.

[URL=http://s1327.photobucket.com/user/Ianreed067/media/image_zps02ec2e2f.jpg.html][/URL]

·
Registered
143 Posts
I made a custom delrin knob as I too was not a fan of spherical knobs. After some quick measurements, it's the perfect height relative to the steering wheel and the OD of the knob is perfect for my small asian hands.

·
Cyberdyne Model 101
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I made a custom delrin knob as I too was not a fan of spherical knobs. After some quick measurements, it's the perfect height relative to the steering wheel and the OD of the knob is perfect for my small asian hands.

Never mind the knob I think I'm in love with your steering wheel lol. Seriously tho glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like the spherical ones. Nice work!

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
07 Exige is M12 x 1.5

·
Cyberdyne Model 101
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
07 Exige is M12 x 1.5
Bobby are you sure? I found several websites that have it listed like this:

Lotus Elise™ - 2005 to Jan. 2009: 10mm x 1.50
Lotus Elise™ - after Jan. 2009: 12mm x 1.50

Lotus Exige™ - 2005 to Jan. 2009: 10mm x 1.50
Lotus Exige™ - after Jan. 2009: 12mm x 1.50

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise, Ardent Red/Magnolia, Touring, Sport, Hard top, Traction Control, Limited Slip, 1 o
289 Posts
How about this?

This is an old LotusSport knob originally for one of the GP edition cars (I think). It is 12mmx1.50, but I resized it to the appropriate 10mmx1.50 for my 06 Elise by installing a helicoil insert. I would have to search my receipts for the part number if you're interested.

Attachments

·
Cyberdyne Model 101
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's exactly what I'm looking for. :clap:

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise, Ardent Red/Magnolia, Touring, Sport, Hard top, Traction Control, Limited Slip, 1 o
289 Posts
Let me dig through my crap and I'll get a part number for you-that doesn't mean it's still available but, a part number all the same. I should be able to scare it up tomorrow evening when I get home-I'll post it for you.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Can't believe it-just found it-part number-ALS3V0071F.
Happy hunting!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Nice catch on that knob, sweet but pricey!

·
Cyberdyne Model 101
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the help guys.... I love this community!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts