The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Vegas giveth, Port of Long Beach taketh away.

I received a call from my dealer today which began with the dreaded phrase, "You're not going to like what I have to say."

It turns out the Port of Long Beach has been so backed up that, despite my car's in port date of November 14th, my car's container was not unloaded from the ship until December 11th! My Elise's ETA slipped from "just before Christmas" to "late December or early January." He heard nothing but uncontrollable weeping over the phone.

What kind of God would allow this much suffering?

Oh, the horror of this unjust trauma!

gasp, the room, it's . . . it's getting dark . . . darker now . . .

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Balance,

you were very bad in a previous life! I pray that the Buddah may come back to your garage very soon.

·
Registered
5,357 Posts
LA port issues are FAR from resolved. It's worse & with the holidays will not get any better until well into the new year.

It's gotten bad enough that Walmart is reported considering buying a shipping firm based out of Oakland CA. Walmart clearly is keen to have total control over the logistics of their goods coming from Asia, what better way to do that than to own their own shipping company.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
The west coast ports are very bad right now. Delays had been around 3-4 weeks. My car as of yesterday hadn't been invoiced yet and came in Oct 22. Good news, had the dealer contact Lotus you told them it's on the way, looks like I'll be able to take delivery ~ 2 months later.

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
yet another reason to love LA and California. They keep rackin' 'em up here.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
My ship arrived on Nov 14th and my car arrived at Symbolic yesterday, Dec 13th.

The Port of Long Beach officially was no longer experiencing any back-ups as of Nov 22nd. They are back to the normal turnaround of 2-3 days for a ship to get in and unload.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
The Port of Long Beach officially was no longer experiencing any back-ups as of Nov 22nd. They are back to the normal turnaround of 2-3 days for a ship to get in and unload.
This is consistent with what I had heard.

Chris

·
Registered
963 Posts
You are lucky. At least your dealer didn't call you to tell you your car was here, but it's the wrong color. :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts