The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Here in NorCal my StateFarm agent quoted me with $850 every 6 months. That's 100/300/100 with a $250 deductable. Age 31, no tickets ever but I live downtown which bumps my rates up a bit. Anyway...

Later they call back... says 'they're having a problem with the VIN'. I give it to them again.

A week passes. Then they call back... says 'Are you sure it's an Elise? Isn't it an Esprit?'. No, Elise. I'm pretty sure ;)

A few more days pass ... no insurance cards yet. I call to find out about them. 'give it another week'.

An hour passes then I phone them up and tell 'em I would like to double check that I gave them the correct VIN. So I read it off ... 'SCCPC111...etc'. Yes, they say, that's the number they have.

Finally ... I get a call and they say 'We didn't have the 2005 Elises in our system ... they've now been added and your car is now in the system.'

Sheeze ... now _that's_ a new car. :rolleyes:

I don't think the ins co's know anything about this car yet ... they must be just going on price. I've got a feeling rates will increase when the 5mph bump costs come to light (which should average higher right with no bumpers and all). :(

-doma

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Dan,

$483 / 6 mos? That's a good number to start out with. I wonder if StateFarm is just more expensive or if I too could get that kind of rate if I drop to $1000 deductables like you have. I also listed a different vechicle as the 'primary'. :(

-doma

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.