The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're about to start our 4th season... sure doesn't seen that long. Kicking it off in typical fashion with a clinic / practice, April 20 at Marina airport:

http://www.motorsportreg.com/calendar/event.cfm?uidEvent=676B0BE8-D091-348B-85DF624B9558DF9E

For the first week registration is open to club members only. The driver count is going to be kept lower then normal. 27 in the clinic will work 1:1 with a instructor. In the practice part of it (21 drivers) will have a few instructors that help you out on a per request bases.

Thanks to our sponsor- Silicon Valley Auto Group, we'll have some nice goodies in store. For the April date some swag to give away. For the trophies we'll do a index scoring to have a overall Elise / Exige champ, along with the street and r-compound Elise / Exige and open class for all other makes/models. This time to go along with that will be a "gift" certificate good at the SVAG parts and service department. Will also have a few others to give away, one will be a drawing with the rest TBD. Also the last event they will be putting on a nice BBQ lunch.

The rest of the season:

5/31
6/28
7/27
9/6
11/1

They are all points events. But don't worry if your new to autocrossing, just think of it as a practice date. We typically have a few instructors or experience drivers around to help you out.

Last season the GGLC picked up all the equipment for the autocross. Thanks to Kiyoshi and Rob (Dietsch Werks) for getting it on site. We had a eagle eye, quick acting club member who found a low mileage box van (that basically had been used for storage for several years). So the club has that end taken care of as well. For the mid-season date we'll have a drawing (club members only) to give away a few future autox dates.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
We've got 9 of 48 spots taken in a day. If your interested, suggest you grab a spot before the week is out and we open it to non-members. If it turns out you can't make it, we can give you a credit for a future date, or worst case your out $5. Just give us advance notice. It's going to be our only formal clinic.

EDIT- Day three, 23 of 48 slots taken...

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
OK I know I've complained about it always raining in NorCal, but I just tried to register for this event and it says I'm not authorized to registered. :huh:

Sounds like the beginning of a conspiracy. :panic:

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup, those "other" club members can be trouble makers... you should be fine now. Hey I was just trying to make sure we had a nice day. Guess we can expect lots of rain.:p

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I suggest putting a thread in the meets and events forum as well - I would have completely missed this thread if I hadnt been searching for AutoX clinic :)

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, having a little fun getting ready for this. We're kicking around paint schemes, I'd like to add racing stripe to it. During lunch I'll take a closer look at a large display timer. And once we source a laptop the software package will be on the to buy list.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Larry,
Tried this morning to register my nephew (Kyle). But was unsuccessful in getting into Motorsportreg.com. Can you hold a place for him? I suspect they are having server issues or something.

thanks,

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just logged into motorsportreg, so try it again. 11 spots still open, think they all are in the clinic.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yup, open to the public. For the first few days this week, still had the hook in to limit it to club members. Had forgot to remove it... but Alex remember and corrected it yesterday. It's nice having a co-chair to help out.:up:

Odds are we'll go to wait list by the end of this weekend or early next week.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jacob- Remind Jeff that GGLC membership applies to family members.

However if we don't already have Kyle marked as a member you'll have to ping me to do so.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jacob- Did a search for Kyle and didn't find him. First step is to sign him up to motorsportreg then add the "Golden Gate Lotus Club Autocross" to his clubs. Once that's done I'll mark him as a GGLC member and he can sign up as such.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Registered... but my GGLC membership # is wrong I noticed. I'll try to update it when I get home (if I can even find it) but let me know if I need to email anyone to fix. Membership is under the same name so I would hope it's not a problem :)

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
def- assume that is Kevin K. Don't worry about the member number. Have no idea what mine is. Have moved you to the member list- you should be good to go.

1 - 20 of 207 Posts