The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To help break up the winter "down time", the GGLC will be putting on a karting series. Three events-

1/25- Sunday
2/22- Sunday
3/7- Saturday

All will be held at Le Mans Karting (LeMans Karting Center | Indoor Racing | Fremont, CA | Go Kart Racing | Fun for the Whole Family).
45957 Hotchkiss Street
Fremont, CA 94539
Phone: (510) 770-9001

Format would be a heats competition - practice, heat races, semi finals, top 10 to the finals (same as our August event).

We'll score the best 2 of 3 events and award medals and prizes. To both the winner (top 3) and a random drawing (club members only).

Cost will be $50, per event. For an additional $5 (the day of), they will have pizza and soda. Time frame will be ~11am arrival. Get checked in, lunch. First karts out by 12:30.

If you'd like to race, please give LeMans a call to reserve a spot(s).

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cstetter- rough time frame would be 3:30. Depends on how many session we need, to run everyone through. Also if they make or stick around to watch the finals.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I've never done karting, about how much time does one get out on the track each session?
You'll get in 4-5 sessions. Roughly 10 minutes each. Physically it's pretty demanding. By the end of the day, you will be feeling it.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
C-mon people. There's got to be more drivers out there that want to go W2W against other Lotus owners?

With a great turnout every event, I'm starting to think SoCal owners are more the real deal than you tree hugging Northerners. -poke-

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I want in... but Sundays I cannot do.. Maybe Ill catch you guys on the Saturday event?

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They will have the left side gate (large parking lot) open for club / Lotus parking. Robbie’s still checking on the driver count. We had a pretty good turn out last summer…

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK- called LeMans, not too many are sign up. We'll be giving / awarding free club autox and track days to the winners. If folks want to stop by and hang out for a while, we'll be around for the afternoon.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
It was great fun last time we all karted together. I just can't commit to specific dates else I'd be in on the action.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Larry,

Rich and I will be there. I think a couple of the Techs might come too!

See you Sunday!

Jordan

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
... with lots of details about the SC. -poke-

If someone shows up and decides to run, they can fit you in. Just need to be there before noon to get checked in and ready. Think we've got enough for 1 full run group. So with a couple more running we can go to two groups, which would make for a more open track.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts