The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Inspection good... please add me to list.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
I'll do the lunch and drive. Karting sounds interesting. Which place do you have in mind Rahul?
Go-Kart racer in Burlingame is the closest. I dont think we can plan this too far ahead - we should just do the drive and then head over to karting if people are up for it.

P.S.: SFF1 is watching the Australian GP that night as well - all are welcome http://sff1.com/australia

·
Registered
803 Posts
What will sandsmuseum be driving? (chuckle)

I stopped by SVAG to dump my ECU as I was curious to see what a new car has reported. I spent some time looking at the two new supercharged Elises they have. Nice looking supercharger!

There is a new scan tool for the 2008 cars, based on a laptop PC. I got to see the current values on my car and was a bit surprised. For example the time spent in rev range was zeroed out at the factory. My values were zero on the ranges above 6,000 rpm as I have not rev'd higher yet. The top four rpm reported were lower than red line, different from my original car, an early 2005 Elise.

Anyway back to the point, there are many differences, some significant, in the 2008 cars and you all should come to SVAG to see some of them. Andrew did not know if any of the supercharged Elises would be there as they are subject to prior sale. I am sure one 2008 car will be there to examine, he says with a smile.

Hopefully we can ask Ryan to hook up the ECU dump to my car to see what the new tool looks like.

I will be stopping by Santana Row around 9:30, just to see some of the other exotics. Then I will drive up to SVAG around 10:00 or so...

As to seeing what kind of car I will be driving, you will just have to show up! (As if there were not enough info on LotusTalk to discover the answer...)

Michael

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
I SHOULD be at SR and will drive with you to SVAG. I wouldn't mind my car to be inspected

Not sure about the drive but will try - the 15th is the "new" St Patrick's day this year so I may be preoccupied with a BBQ

·
Registered
981 Posts
I'll go to SR as well and go to SVAG with you guys. Just got back from France and was watching all of the reporting on the Geneve car show. Probably no karting because I need to do post-travel chores.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I may be able to make SR and be up for a meet, will know later this week.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Hand_Banana and Philip, added you to the list. Let me know if you want the inspection done.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'd also be up for an inspection if there is room.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
raggedy1, Ruchmate- I'll add you for a inspection. We're find on the count. It more to let Andrew know to make sure he has enough techs on hand (think two can handle it, for now).

Guess one thing, is for those doing the inspection to let Jordan know when you first get there. Want to make sure everyone is check out in time... more so if you want to head out for the drive.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Oops can't go - will be celebrating the holiday in SF all day

·
Registered
82 Posts
I should be able to make it! I'd be up for an inspection if there's room/time. With all the people coming I can't believe they'd be putting cars on lifts?!!

:sheep:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
Please pardon my ignorance but I'm looking to get my boyfriend a day at the track. We live in SF and he owns a 1996 Lotus, Elise. I think he's been to the track at Thunderhill, and/ or Sears Point with the Lotus club, but that's about all the info I have. Would anyone happen to know when and where the next lotus club track meet is, and how I would go about getting him a day pass?

Thanks a bunch,

Kat

21 - 40 of 64 Posts