The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Let's just say, I'm a canyon road snob (check my signature) and I wouldn't go out of my way to drive any road in the Peninsula except for Pescadero Creek.
HA. Yup, I've heard the lore and read most of your blog... Still gotta get out to 33 and Cerro Noroeste one of the days. I make the drive down to SoCal basically once a month now (sometimes more), I'll just have to set aside some time and actually take the Lotus. Will definitely check out Pescadero soon.

I'll be there around noon too!
You finally get the clam done and lotus back?

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
My wife noticed that I put "right hand side" for TrackSpec, its actually left hand side, in the same building and parking lot as Critosphere.

Also this drive and event is on GGLC's webpage and therefore the number of cars are unknown. But regardless we leave at 9am sharp. Try to get gas before meeting at Starbucks. There is one gas station on the way (a 76), but I rather not wait and try to avoid as many bicyclist and slow drivers as possible. I just did this exact route 30 minutes ago. It took me 1.5 hrs. See you all tomorrow.

:).

·
Registered
335 Posts
Sunday turned out to be an awesome day with the drive (thanks for setting it up John!) and the meet up at TrackSpec afterwards! The shop is seriously nice, ya'll need to check it out! Warning: its picture heavy beyond this point!

The only three cars that showed up before 9am. (John and Eunice, Jackie, and my wife and myself)

We could be a Bank of the West ad...

Stopped at one of the Vista Points on Skyline, where forkmeupscotty caught up with us just as we were leaving!

John leading the pack before we hit the 92. Despite John's constant talk of being a "slow driver", he was quite fast in the twisties. Really fun run!

forkmeupscotty and Jackie behind us

My wife manning the camera as I drove

Finally making it to TrackSpec! Jon and everyone were very friendly and the shop was beautiful! Eventually there were probably about 30 cars, including a Lambo, 2 NSXs, an R34, a few Porsches, and more Supras then I have seen since the early 90s! About 10 Lotus made it there! Overall, it was a great turn out!

Of course, one of the prettiest Lotus around was there... Terry aka t955125 with his amazing Elise and SpeedGauges (they look so clean in person!)

You can see the full album here: TrackSpec Meet Up

·
Terry
2,189 Posts
Sunday turned out to be an awesome day with the drive (thanks for setting it up John!) and the meet up at TrackSpec afterwards! The shop is seriously nice, ya'll need to check it out! Warning: its picture heavy beyond this point!

The only three cars that showed up before 9am. (John and Eunice, Jackie, and my wife and myself)

We could be a Bank of the West ad...

Stopped at one of the Vista Points on Skyline, where forkmeupscotty caught up with us just as we were leaving!

John leading the pack before we hit the 92. Despite John's constant talk of being a "slow driver", he was quite fast in the twisties. Really fun run!

forkmeupscotty and Jackie behind us

My wife manning the camera as I drove

Finally making it to TrackSpec! Jon and everyone were very friendly and the shop was beautiful! Eventually there were probably about 30 cars, including a Lambo, 2 NSXs, an R34, a few Porsches, and more Supras then I have seen since the early 90s! About 10 Lotus made it there! Overall, it was a great turn out!

Of course, one of the prettiest Lotus around was there... Terry aka t955125 with his amazing Elise and SpeedGauges (they look so clean in person!)

You can see the full album here: TrackSpec Meet Up
Wow thanks for the photos!!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
359 Posts
the one week I don't check lotus talk there's a event on a sunday that's close by. good luck with your new venture Jon, I believe you might have worked on my elise and exige in the past.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts